Why become a member? ×

Cab to go with a Tonehammer ?

timmyo

I really like my Markbass Jeff Berlin Player School Combo - I cannot fault it.
I really like the sounds I can get either as it is or sticking Jamup out of iPad in to the returns.

But we are not rational creatures.

I have a hankering for a Tonehammer

But I won't be able to afford a sexy lightweight cab to go with it, and don't have a cab.

2 questions:

1. What is a decent inexpensive cab (used is fine - indeed encouraged) to use initially
2. What is a good easy-to-handle cab to pair with the TH eventually?

I like groove - not in to pyrotechnical playing (either to play or to listen to)
I have a passive P and J type, but also a USA SUB Sterling and to like its punchiness on occasion.

All input, ideas, experiences and general rambling appreciated

Tim

Edited by timmyo

Eventually I`d look at Barefaced cabs - very clean, so the sound of the TH500 comes across without any colouring. Very lightweight/portable. Or of course Aggie cabs themselves, though not so light. I believe different ranges have different characteristics in sound as well from what I1ve rea.

For the present, well Hartke cabs are nice and clean as well, again enabling the sound to come through uncoloured. The XL range can be bought very reasonably used - especially on here. They`re not light though, but they are great cabs. Or the Hydrive range, bit more expensive though. And Genz Benz cabs also seem to get good reviews, worth checking out.

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1421520471' post='2662265']
I don't know if this is possible, but aren't the MB combos usally just the amp stuck to a standard cab? Is this a LM250 mounted to a Balckline 1x15? If so, can you just disconnect the head and plug the Tone Hammer in?
[/quote]

Actually I think that's spot on - good option :-)

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1421521546' post='2662277']
For £175 this is a steal, GK Neo 212:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/252575-fs-gallien-krueger-neo-212-cab-reduced-to-l175/"]http://basschat.co.u...educed-to-l175/[/url]
[/quote]

thanks - and for comments above - shall nose about