Why become a member? ×

EBS Rig: used one yesterday at a gig..

silverfoxnik

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='259998' date='Aug 11 2008, 02:41 PM'].................
Due to the amount of cut and boost available on a GB preamp, most GB players will play the EBS amps pretty flat, with the character switch in and let the bass do the majority of the tone shaping..............[/quote]
Not me. I know a lot of people do this but if you use the eq on the bass to get your sound you could end up with nowhere to go if you want to change it. And I never used the character (slap) switch, boosted the mids about 1K to bring out the mwah on the fretless - job done.

Hey Josh
Dont like the picture your painting of the eden sound :huh: , EBS td650 and proline 4x10 best rig ive ever used period, and ive had a few, as mr ferret pointed out, the brightness can be eq;d out and it still sounds clear as a bell and warm, gorgeous really miss that rig :) definately my sound, not for everyone though.

Just to say, I had a good 3 hour stint with pretty much the same EBS rig I'm getting very soon, a Neo 2x10 and Neo 2x12 and a TD650 head. I tried all 3 of my basses through it, and was 100% happy with everything I was hearing, it's exactly what my Eden isn't, it's bright, it's warm, has the sizzle and zing, and everything else in between. And at high volumes it was consistent and clear, as I expected. And it was pretty much with a flat eq, besides a little cut on the treble and the tweeters, and little treble cut on my basses. Even my King-Bass with some nigh on dead strings sounded good, but my 535 and SSII sounded perfect:-)

[quote name='lee650' post='260474' date='Aug 11 2008, 11:43 PM']Hey Josh
Dont like the picture your painting of the eden sound :huh: , EBS td650 and proline 4x10 best rig ive ever used period, and ive had a few, as mr ferret pointed out, the brightness can be eq;d out and it still sounds clear as a bell and warm, gorgeous really miss that rig :) definately my sound, not for everyone though.

Just to say, I had a good 3 hour stint with pretty much the same EBS rig I'm getting very soon, a Neo 2x10 and Neo 2x12 and a TD650 head. I tried all 3 of my basses through it, and was 100% happy with everything I was hearing, it's exactly what my Eden isn't, it's bright, it's warm, has the sizzle and zing, and everything else in between. And at high volumes it was consistent and clear, as I expected. And it was pretty much with a flat eq, besides a little cut on the treble and the tweeters, and little treble cut on my basses. Even my King-Bass with some nigh on dead strings sounded good, but my 535 and SSII sounded perfect:-)[/quote]

Sorry if it came across a bit pessimistic Lee, we tried the 550 through his 2x10 and 2x12 individually and together and sounded much much better than through my 2 4x10's. It sounded more brighter and much more punchy and the zing was much more apparent, so through your accugrooves I can only guess it'll sound that bit better than the Neo 2x10 and 2x12 :huh:

But the TD650 sounded f***ing amazing!