Why become a member? ×

So i need your help fellow bass players

stejnas_masni

We play metal,rock,hard rock (...) in bend , stuff like Pantera,Metallica,Ozzy,Steppenwolf,RHCP... And i need your help between this to basses that best suite that kind of genre

[b]Squier vintage modified jazz bass 70's and Ibanez SR300 , [/b]i like Squier more and i listened to both of them on videos but the sounds is of course different on some videos.

And here is the problem , i am left-handed and i can try right-handed Squier and i will because it's the same and order a lefty but i might not try Ibanez because they don't have it , you can just order him and that's my problem so help if you can... Thanks

I'd personally avoid jazz bass or single coil pickups in a cheaper bass when you're looking to play rock as they can sound too thin for that style IMO. I know many rock pro's use them, but they have kick ass amps and expensive basses.

Go for humbuckers I reckon as they sound fuller, it'll be hard to go wrong with Ibanez for that stuff.

My experience of trying the natural VM Jazz is that it is a weighty instrument (you can make your mind up when you try the R/H one). SR300s get good opinions, as do the Squiers. If you want extra grunt on the squier, you can do a Series wiring mod or buy gruntier pickups (or get a Behringer BDI21).
Which one do you prefer the look of? :)

[quote name='DorsetBlue' timestamp='1421331025' post='2659946']
My experience of trying the natural VM Jazz is that it is a weighty instrument (you can make your mind up when you try the R/H one). SR300s get good opinions, as do the Squiers. If you want extra grunt on the squier, you can do a Series wiring mod or buy gruntier pickups (or get a Behringer BDI21).
Which one do you prefer the look of? :)
[/quote]
I prefer the Squier look , and nicer to me because of the wood but the main thing to me is the sound , so i will see to test both bases in couple of days. But any bass is better than my current for this music , i have Jolana Alexis super 2 ,that's semi-hallow body from 1972 hah