Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Acoustic 700 guitar

The Saint

Has anyone got experience of using these guitars, an acoustic version of their more popular solid bodied guitars? [size=4]There's a used one for sale in my local shop at a good price. [/size]

[size=4]I tried it out today and was very impressed with the [/size]various body options, but both the 12 strings were outstanding. Can't see me using the banjo and sitar much though...!

It has the ability to connect to the Line 6 foot pedals for even more options, but I don't think I will have much use for that.

I'll be buying it for live use in my rock and roll band for a few songs to save using a conventional acoustic with all the associated feedback issues.

Any advice appreciated.

Graham

About 10 years ago I spent most of the day trying one at my local musical instrument retailer. I was looking for something that would be quick and easy to record at home, but try as I might, I couldn't convince myself that it sounded right when compared with a proper acoustic guitar of the same price.

Live, the lack of feedback would be a definite plus, but how useful it is tone-wise would depend on how prominent (or not) it was in the overall band mix.

• 1 month later...

Thanks BigRed

I'd agree that it's no substitute for a real acoustic if recording, but the tones were quite passable in a band situation.

It all sorted itself in the end. There was a problem with the guitar which I found when I first tried it out in the shop. There was a slight crackle which we thought was the jack socket.

It turned out to be a problem with the electrics which they couldn't fix, so I passed on it. Having done a bit more research, the going rate for these guitars is more than I'm willing to spend so It looks like I'll be sticking to conventional acoustic. The shop were quite fair and I know they also thought the problem was quite fixable when they showed it to me.

Graham