Why become a member? ×

Please delete.

ambient

Are you going to extend the piece? I think it deserves to be longer! Had a look at your signature and I can see why you like Basinski - I've only just discovered his work recently, I like 'Aurora Liminalis' the joint piece he's done with Richard Chartier (joked on my Tumblr that I might mischievously play that loud at say 3am and have my neighbours thinking they'd woken up in Hell after some apocalyptic disaster... ). You'll probably like this too, a film by Bill Morrison with music by Michael Gordon...

http://youtu.be/cf9ah8IUVgw

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1420922111' post='2655158']
Are you going to extend the piece? I think it deserves to be longer! Had a look at your signature and I can see why you like Basinski - I've only just discovered his work recently, I like 'Aurora Liminalis' the joint piece he's done with Richard Chartier (joked on my Tumblr that I might mischievously play that loud at say 3am and have my neighbours thinking they'd woken up in Hell after some apocalyptic disaster... ). You'll probably like this too, a film by Bill Morrison with music by Michael Gordon...

[media]http://youtu.be/cf9ah8IUVgw[/media]
[/quote]

Hi,

Thanks for watching it.

The film clip is only short, but I'm planning to loop it and use all the music, the track I've used it about 8 minutes long in total.

I love that track you've posted a link too, brilliant !

Yeah, I have Aurora, I've got pretty much everything of his.

:)

I'm putting my arts hat on now to ask you about your work - you've probably gone through this with any crits you've already had but is your work about loss and/or injustice? There's clearly a very human element regarding the subject matter and the music is devoid of the human voice (which you could take as significant by its absence... ). You'll have seen Koyaanisqatsi but have you seen Ron Fricke's 'Baraka' and 'Samsara'? Fricke has created some really amazing work! :)

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1420932409' post='2655330']
I'm putting my arts hat on now to ask you about your work - you've probably gone through this with any crits you've already had but is your work about loss and/or injustice? There's clearly a very human element regarding the subject matter and the music is devoid of the human voice (which you could take as significant by its absence... ). You'll have seen Koyaanisqatsi but have you seen Ron Fricke's 'Baraka' and 'Samsara'? Fricke has created some really amazing work! :)
[/quote]

I'm very inspired by all of that.

With the images for the music, I just spent ages over the last week listening to it with my eyes closed, making notes afterwards about the images that came to mind, then searched the internet looking for film.

It's something I'd like to develop more, I'd like to get involved with a film maker too.

I did some stuff last year using still images, that were set to some earlier music that I recorded that was midi based, but still using the effected and distorted sounds.

That progressed into this, which is all just my Q6 bass, effected out of recognition,

Another one added [url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXLYPNl48tn6G47pEXEQ5Jg/videos?spfreload=10"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXLYPNl48tn6G47pEXEQ5Jg/videos?spfreload=10[/url]

I have some longer ones too that I'm working on, I'm getting the hang of editing on iMovie :)