Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision 70's Antigua - SOLD
£1200

steve

[s][size=5]Price drop to £875 - more pics added in post #6[/size][/s] SOLD

I've come to the conclusion that I'm more suited to Jazz basses than Precisions, so it's with quite a heavy heart, that I'm putting this up for sale or px. It's not a factory original instrument (I'd be obv looking for a lot more £ if it was) - The body and pickguard came from Gareth on the forum, and I imported the neck from the US. The pickup is I believe a late 70's fender. Pots, wiring harness, tuners and bridge are non-Fender.

It has the lowest action on a bass that I've ever played - it's better than my ACG which is a fair old claim.

Currently strung with a set of Rotosounds which are very bright, but stick some flats on and its yer typical old school P sound.

As for trades/px's I'd be interested in :-
Jazz basses (sonic blue with tort guard, rosewood board, bound and blocks anyone???)
Markbass NY121 bass cab
possibly a fretless (maybe even another upright if I can sneak that by the mrs)
there's possibly other stuff I'm not aware of that I desperatly need too

but I don't want to put cash into any deal after just stumping up for a new MB combo :0

couple of pics, more to follow if needed

[attachment=180139:DSC_0069_1.JPG] [attachment=180140:DSC_0070.JPG]

I'm happy for any interested party to come round to try it out and have a brew - I can probably dust the fluff off a few biscuits too, or i can potentially meet up half way somewhere

Edited by steve

• 2 weeks later...

Sunny day in Manchester, so I've finally got round to some decent pics. I've had some overseas interest, which seems to have gone a little quiet now

[url="http://s933.photobucket.com/user/stevemcevoy/media/Antigua%20P%20Bass/DSC_0081.jpg.html"][/url]

I happy to discuss px offers and price - my valuation is based on seeing a Antigua Jazz for sale at £2200, and then knocking a grand off for mine not being original, so it wasn't the most scientific of procedures

[quote name='Belka' timestamp='1421533739' post='2662522']
It looks nice enough. What's with the black spots on the pickguard? Finish removed from around the thumb rest and ashtray screw holes? Does it come with the ashtrays?
[/quote]

yeh, as you say, the black spots are dings to the finish on the pickguard. Nope, don't have ashtray or pup covers

• 5 weeks later...

as advised, I've taken some internal pics

neck heel
[attachment=184026:DSC_0115.JPG]

neck pocket
[attachment=184027:DSC_0117.JPG]

pickups
[attachment=184028:DSC_0122.JPG]
[attachment=184029:DSC_0121.JPG]

back of pickguard
[attachment=184030:DSC_0119.JPG]

also, big price drop to £875. If no-ones interested at this price it looks like I'm going to have to part it out, which is a crying shame ....