Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD: Fender CIJ '62 RI factory fretless Precision bass
£500

Jakester

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It is with great sadness that I find myself having to sell off the majority of my bass gear. Essentially, I'm not playing, and don't really have the time to find another band to play with, plus the car's just required major surgery, so it seems somewhat silly for me to have all this great gear just sitting in cases around the place. Anyway, I digress...[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For sale is my Fender CIJ '62RI Precision factory fretless bass in faded Sonic Blue.[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]This used to belong to Old Horse Murphy - his for sale thread is here:[/color][/font]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/192789-gone-fender-jap-unlined-fretless-62-reissue-p-bass-in-sonic-blue-gone/"]http://basschat.co.u...onic-blue-gone/[/url]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's currently got a fretted Squier P neck on it and the fretless neck is on a Squier Jazz body but I can put them back easily enough. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's in Surf Green/ faded Sonic Blue - currently with a parchment scratch plate but I have a red tort one too.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The pic come with a health warning - they were taken with my phone camera (stupidly sold all my decent SLR lenses a while back because they weren't being used!) under electric lights - I've tried to adjust the white balance to reflect the actual bass colour, but because of the terrible lighting etc it varies. The focus is crap too.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I've roughly weighed it with the Squier fretted neck on, and it's about 9lbs, so without the heavier neck and fret wire I'd say Nick's suggestion of 8.5lbs is eminently feasible. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It has a small ding on the neck at about the third 'fret' - it's never bothered me but I would have thought it could have been easily drop-filled if needs be. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There are assorted dings from Nick's ownership - I've not gigged it and it stays cased when not have sporadic home use. It's fitted with the SPB1, and I bought a Dimarzio Ultrajazz that I was going to fit but never got round to, if you wanted to convert it to P/J, which I can include for an extra £35. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The fretless neck has always been used with nylon wrapped flats whilst in my care, and will come with them. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Anyway, to the pics:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I am also selling a matching MIJ '62 RI Jazz - see ad [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/252569-fs-fender-mij-62-ri-jazz-bass-wnordstrands-and-j-retro-preamp/"]here[/url]. My amp and cab are also up for sale in a separate thread.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I would very much prefer pickup from Bath/Bristol. I have one decent hard case and two basses to sell![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm looking for £500.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Not really looking for trades as cash is currently king, but I could be persuaded to take something like a Warwick Proline Corvette 4 or 5-string, or a G&L L/M2000/2500 plus cash my way depending on spec.[/font][/color]

Edited by Jakester

Thanks ET. I put the fretless neck back on it last night and it's a real wrench to see it go- it plays beautifully. I spent at least five minutes just doing slides up and down the neck in the style of many a 70's cop show!

The neck is quite shallow front to back so very comfortable to play.