Why become a member? ×

TC Amp Heads - RH or BH?

Davy

Just traded a stingray for a bh800 a 2x 10 & a 2 x 12 ..was going to move it on straightaway as I was happy with my markbass cmd ..I've since decided to move the markbass on ...I really like the eq on the tc so much scope ...the toneprint is okay it's got a built in tuner but we drop 1/2 step down so takes a little while to get used to I'm yet to play it in a big enough venue to give it a real thrashing but it's got some balls as you'd expect ...

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1454516749' post='2970428']
I've Really been thinking about getting an RH - Can anyone confirm that the pre-amp is the essentially the same on both but with the addition of the 'tweetertone' on the 750 (and the panel layout differences)??
[/quote]
I used them with 2 different cab set ups, so difficult to accurately compare. In my view the 750 sounded much better, but maybe that's just my personal tone preference, I like a bit of top end sizzle and the 750 with its tweeter tone is better in that dept. To me the 750 sounded more 'open' if that makes sense, again that could just be down to tone preference.To put it simply, I don't think I'd rush out to buy another 450 but I would have another 750.

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1455057345' post='2975607']
I used them with 2 different cab set ups, so difficult to accurately compare. In my view the 750 sounded much better, but maybe that's just my personal tone preference, I like a bit of top end sizzle and the 750 with its tweeter tone is better in that dept. To me the 750 sounded more 'open' if that makes sense, again that could just be down to tone preference.To put it simply, I don't think I'd rush out to buy another 450 but I would have another 750.
[/quote]

Thanks! I've got the opportunity to try both over the next few days (some very generous chaps down in South Wales) so I shall find out for myself!