Why become a member? ×

Now Sold - Subject to payment. Thanks
£300

Gray

Prose Bass handmade short scale fretless.

30'' Scale length.

Bolt on maple neck / fingerboard. lovely figuring on board.

Not sure what the body is - lovely wood anyway.

Hipshot tuners.

Passive pickup - no tone or volume to get in the way.

Lovely sound - lots of 'mwah' and harmonics.

Selling along with various other interesting basses as I have become to time poor to do them justice.

I'm based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire but travel alot. Not comfy with posting but can deliver / meet up etc.
[attachment=179819:prose fretless.jpg][attachment=179820:IMG-20150102-00096.jpg][attachment=179821:IMG-20150102-00095.jpg][attachment=179822:IMG-20150102-00094.jpg][attachment=179823:IMG-20150102-00093.jpg][attachment=179824:IMG-20150102-00092.jpg]

Also for sale - Kif acoustic bass, Bassix Purple Flying V EUB and Ibanez Musician project bass.

Edited by Gray

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1420848657' post='2654320']
Gray, I play short-scale and am interested in trying a fretless bass, but who is Prose? Tried to get some info online but all I could find was a reference to Edwyn Prose bass guitar tuition. Can you tell me more?
[/quote]

Paul Rose. I believe he's not making basses any longer, which is a shame. He is or was a member here.

Hi Scrumpymike, and thanks for answering alyctes. Exactly as the man says - Paul Rose (Prose) was building basses in (I think) Lancashire a few years ago. Sadly I think he has stopped building which is a real shame since he did some really cool and interesting stuff - like this :-

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/88228-prose-bass-short-scale-headless-price-reduction/

The fretless is a really excellent little bass - I'm only selling because as I say I hate nice instruments not getting used, and I've got my beaten up old Ibanez if the fretless urge overtakes me.

Forgot to say - this also has a very useful neutrik locking jack socket on it.