Why become a member? ×

Teal Green MM Stingray 5, Single H, 3 band active EQ

Marshy

Hi,

My Musicman Stringray 5 has to go. I bought it a few years ago because I've lusted after Stingrays for some time. Probably Tony Levin's fault... Anyhoo, it doesn't really "fit" with what I do, my shower room needs replacing, and I'm really a 4-stringer at heart. Hence, it's only been lightly used and is unmarked. Unless it gets demerits for fingerprints on the tuners and pickguard from when I last restrung it...

Spec is: teal green body, black pickguard, maple neck and fingerboard, single pickup with 3 band active EQ. Comes with the original hard case.

I'm a bit queasy about an asking price. I think I paid something like 1400 for it, and it *really is* unmarked, so.... er... £850? (Please don't hurt me...)
(Edited to add: would prefer collection over postage with something of this value. May consider a meet halfway deal. I'm near Cambridge.)

You can hear it here (downloadable MP3):- [attachment=11766:RubberChickenSoup.mp3]

Pics, then:-

[attachment=11750:Stingray...ront.jpg.jpg] [attachment=11753:Stingray...ront.jpg.jpg] [attachment=11754:Stingray...rnal.jpg.jpg]
[attachment=11755:Stingray...rnal.jpg.jpg] [attachment=11756:Stingray...tock.jpg.jpg] [attachment=11757:StingrayHorns.jpg.jpg]
[attachment=11758:Stingray...ront.jpg.jpg] [attachment=11759:Stingray...Rear.jpg.jpg] [attachment=11760:Stingray...lder.jpg.jpg]
[attachment=11752:Stingray...Back.jpg.jpg]

Edited by Marshy

Ah, nice bass...shame we couldn't of done a swap for my Lakland 55-02 i have up for sale. Your bass reminds me of my first musicman, alas it was a four string but i am after a 5 string these days. All the best with the sale.

[quote name='Rasta' post='257620' date='Aug 7 2008, 09:50 PM']Ah, nice bass...shame we couldn't of done a swap for my Lakland 55-02 i have up for sale. Your bass reminds me of my first musicman, alas it was a four string but i am after a 5 string these days. All the best with the sale.[/quote]

Ah, dammit, were I up for swapsies, a Lakland is one of the things I'd be considering: Tori Amos' bass chappie makes a thunderous noise with one.

However, it won't get me clean every morning. I realise that, in this world, cleanliness hardly rates a mention next to tectonic-plate-threatening tone, but hey, people will start to complain about the smell if I don't do *something* about the shower.

:)

Kev - thanks. Regrettably, you seem to be well provided for in the Stingray department. Although, like kittens, I do wonder if they're happier in pairs. What do you think? :)

OTPJ: I'll get better pictures soon - keep the nose close by...

Cheers,

--Chris