Why become a member? ×

Recommend me a DI

franzbassist

Your tone is only as strong as your weakest link. Buying a £500 + d.i. Won't make much difference to a £20 d.i box through a budget pa.

That said, I have an Active Radial J48 on my pedalboard. It's in my tech spec to Studios, festivals and decent venues. My d.i 99 times in 100 is used instead of theirs. Ground lift, -15 DB Pad for high level's through to the desk, polarity switch if you have a mic so both signals are in phase. Can also merge the input and thru for a stereo input to mono out if you really wanted.

Better yet, Radail JDX, amp head to JDX to cab. Active line to desk. Done. Has a pad and polarity switch also. Doesn't mess with ohm's. Win.

Edited by DanFold

Any of the Radial products will serve you well, I don't like the Countryman at all, depending on the bass it can really change the tone, making it 'dull' sounding.If you want some EQ and 2 channel capability, try the Radial BassBone. I use them on all my fly dates where we use rental gear. Sounds just like what you plug into it..:-)

I did a session at a very well appointed private studio last week (money no object...vintage stuff everywhere) and they were using the Radial Pro's for pretty much everything - I was a bit surprised, but they clearly thought they were plenty good enough as simple passive boxes. I took an Avalon but they didn't even plug into it...in two days..