Why become a member? ×

Sold pending ....Trace quatravalve - slider faults
£450

andytoad

Hello all,
Looking to move my trace quatravalve as I have just purchased the Hexavalve on here, it has been recovered with trace Elliot tolex from British audio as the original was tatty and new chrome hardware.

I fired her up this evening to find there is an issue with the graphic, some of the sliders are noisey when moved, also the 15khz slider illuminates the green, amber & red lights, I have taken the front panel apart and can see a small repair on the circuit (don't look at me) that could be the problem, also a break further along the line? see picture. I don't want to fiddle as I will probably make it worse, if it is that. I'd rather sell it as I have the Hexavalve coming.

The rest of the amp is fine ie the preamp and power stage, the amp is userable with the graphic switched out, arguably usable (apart from the 15khz) with the graphic in.

The buyer could repair the graphic circuit or look to replace, due to this I will knock a couple of hundred quid off and will let this go for £450 collected from near ashford, Kent, come and have a play to check it out.

Edited by andytoad

I would not let the 15Khz thing worry you if you are thinking about this. Even if you could hear it (which I cannot, thanks snare drums and cymbals) I know that virtually no bass cab is going to be operating up there.