Why become a member? ×

Withrawn

walplayer

Selling this double bass ,is quite old ,very solid body has had cracks repaired in neck many years ago all very stable and holds tune well,will stand up to gigging.
anyone wants to give it a try you're welcome to come round ,i'm about 12 miles south of Chester

Sorry colour hasn't come out great on pics,but they should give you an idea.
Thanks
Pete

Edited by walplayer

No nothing written in it.Would guess built between 1920's-1960's but is only a guess.Laminated i think.Top and back are curved,soz if not much help.More pics here if it helps

[quote name='overwater#1' post='256568' date='Aug 6 2008, 06:23 PM']Is it a laminated bass, or solid timber? Are there any makers names inside, country of origin, or date?[/quote]

Edited by walplayer

• 2 weeks later...

I wish i'd asked Rich (out to play jazz) what the woods were when he was here the other day..i'd guess at the neck headstock being maple if that helps.
Feel free to come an see it.

[quote name='b.split' post='268060' date='Aug 22 2008, 07:32 PM']Okay thanks anyway looks like a nice bass anyhow[/quote]

• 9 months later...

[quote name='walplayer' post='256412' date='Aug 6 2008, 04:08 PM']Selling this double bass ,is quite old ,very solid body has had cracks repaired in neck many years ago all very stable and holds tune well,will stand up to gigging.
anyone wants to give it a try you're welcome to come round ,i'm about 12 miles south of Chester

Sorry colour hasn't come out great on pics,but they should give you an idea.
Thanks
Pete[/quote]

Hi pete

am interested in this

Is it still for sale?

Please mail me on [email protected] or 01695 50517 (ormskirk) m 07973 205674

Thanks

david