Why become a member? ×

Old faithful

ern500evo

Came across a set of Ernie Ball coated strings whilst having a clear out earlier, bought them for my Bongo but never fitted them as I decided that the original nickel slinky's suit that bass better. So, I thought I'd drag the Warwick Streamer LX out and put them on that, it was strung with a set of Elixir's which had been on there a while and to be honest I never really liked them on that particular bass anyway. Re-strung it and plugged it into the Shuttle 9.2, which I haven't really played it through, and wow! I'd forgotten what a great bass this is, it's a 2009 and the neck is the smallest, easiest neck I've ever played. Loads of bite and growl, I sat there thinking I could easily go back to owning just this bass and use it for everything. Strange how a bass I haven't played in months has now got me thinking what a fantastic instrument it is. Perhaps we sometimes forget there was a reason we bought stuff in the first place!

Edited by ern500evo

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1417263807' post='2618658']
Good post and very true.

I have a few basses, all great in their own way, and I rotate them over months or even years and digging out a bass you haven't used for a while, it's like getting a new instrument. You really do appreciate why you bought it originally.

Frank.
[/quote]
I've been using my Bongo with the covers band and my 'Ray with the originals band so the Streamer has been redundant for a while, so yes it is like getting a new bass, a very nice one too! 😄