Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT4PRO 110V conversion

dmccombe7

I've just bought a 2nd hand Ampeg SVT4PRO which was brought over from US. I believe its a 2001 based on ser No BEDZN10023 and was thinking of trying to get it changed to 230V operation.
Anyone any idea what it might cost to convert and who might be best to tackle this kind of job.
I've opened the cover and transformer doesn't have tapping change facility.
The transformer supplied with it is rated 800W load which seems a bit light for this amp altho i wouldn't expect to drive it to its max ?

Any help or thoughts appreciated.

Dave

Emailed Ampeg UK address i took from the Ampeg website but no response i'm afraid. Not impressed by that at all.
I'm waiting on a Glasgow repair shop returning from hols to see what he can offer.

Mains goes straight to a capacitor board and from there to input of transformer. Can't see the whether the circuit board connection is paralleled into transformer and the capacitors like a mains buffer. Might be replacing the transformer with a 240 in and required outputs along with a 110v output returnrd to the circuit board might be a solution but really need an expert to confirm and cost.
OR i just use the external transformer and mount it in a wheeled flightcase with amp and my spare GK and tuner. ??
Dave