Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton bass owners - honest opinions?

Painy

Well yellowcar seeing your post prompted me to get my JB-75 through and like John I'm very pleased. It's the older model with the weird melted wax
scratch plate and rosewood fretboard.

This was bought as a deko and cost £33,my first deko and I figured just to rob parts it was worth it.Big surprise when it arrived I could find no flaws in the finish
so thought the electrics would be shot. Nope they work great so I'm still kinda puzzled why it was a deko.

As I mentioned the finish is good and the woodwork is 1st class,body appears to be 2 piece and the grain is a decent match.A pleasant grained maple neck,satin finish
and 20 frets with inlays not stickers.All the hardware works great,holds it's tune well and plays very well too.

I'm in agreement with John again,some would say it's quite heavy, mines weighs 11lbs, and I had a few slightly sharp frets.Nothing to cut yourself on though.All in all a damn
fine bass for very little money.

It nearly costs the same to buy just the Wilkinson parts on ebay.I didn't have any set up problems out the box either so no complaints from me.

There seems to have been a considerable price rise across the whole Harley Benton range. The BZ-7000NT is now almost £40 more than I paid for it. Even the BZ-4000 is about £214. KB how much did you pay for yours?

The HB-60 semi hollow basses are back. But, at £181 they aren't the bargains that they used to be. Weren't they about £150 or so?

It seems like many instruments have gone up in price. Maybe not all. I think that the B-30NT FL cost about £107 new before.

EDIT: Maple necked sunburst 'vintage' Jazz bass. I think this is a new model. http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_jb_75sb_mn_vintage_series.htm

Edited by Annoying Twit

AT

Prices all went up on Tuesday. The HB-60 rungs a bell at > £160. There as a B-stock last month at £140
that I waited too long before deciding so lost it.

The BZ-4000 NT was 241 euro when I bought it and at the exchange rate then it was £201. That's the reason for the price hikes.

The euro has tanked!! I was going to buy a used bass from Germany and the stumbling block was how better a deal I was getting
than fellow Europeans.