Why become a member? ×

Mid life crisis in Somerset!

Froggy

[quote name='Froggy' timestamp='1415700670' post='2602732']
Hi all, after wanting to play bass all my life I've just picked one up at 39. I thought I might be able to teach myself using all the resources available these days, but I've decided to spend some time with a tutor too. Got a Washburn Taurus T14Q for £100 on Saturday, and I've surprised myself by being able to play twinkle twinkle little star already! I think I have a long way to go! :-D
[/quote]

Top job mate!

I have a friend who wanted to play bass, for many, many years but just didn't think he would be able to do it.
He took the plunge around 5 years ago, took some lessons - enough to get him going, practiced hard and bit
by bit, he got better.
I was over the moon when he called me the next morning, after depping for me at a New Years Eve gig, I couldn't
make, in a band I had been with for over 8 years - he was like a dog with 9 tales!!!
"It was bloody brilliant" he said - "all that practicing paid off".

So, now you've started. . . . . . keep going, you'll find lots of support on here.

And by the way, he was 50!

Cheers. :)

Hi Froggy,

Welcome to another South Westerner. I was in a similar situation to you a couple of years ago, although I am all self taught. I have found the trickiest thing is getting people to play with, once you get to that stage of confidence. Still working on it though.

Good luck and enjoy it. :)