Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn. Fender Select Active Jazz 2013 - Immaculate. Price drop
£1500

Skinnyman

No love for the Fender so now back on the wall.....

Price now reduced to £1400. I'm not prepared to go below this so if there's no interest this week I'll put it back on the wall and just look at it....

This is hard, soooo hard....

....but two new basses have moved in so two must go out and the first out is my absolutely beautiful Fender Select Active Jazz. It's the 2013 model and I've copied the technical specs below.

I bought the bass brand new last year and have gigged it just once. It's in immaculate condition - I cannot see a mark on it anywhere. It comes with a Fender Select logo'd G&G vintage tweed case which is in equally good condition - the bass lives in a cheapo Kinsman case and the G&G case lives in its dust cover up in the spare room. Yes, I know. I am that sad.....

It's a beatiful thing to play and I love the flexibility of the active/passive electrics and in an ideal world I'd keep it just for the looks. But I don't use it anywhere near as much as a bass this beautiful deserves, so it has to go.

I'm not keen on posting this so I'd prefer collection or - provided you're not In Lands End or John O'Groats - delivery for a small charge to cover petrol. I'm in South Lincs but travel to London daily so I'm sure it'll be possible to work something out....

Some pics - note: Kitten not included....
[attachment=175888:SAM_0018.JPG]
[attachment=175890:SAM_0017.JPG]
[attachment=175891:SAM_0019.JPG]
[attachment=175893:SAM_0021.JPG]
[attachment=175892:SAM_0020.JPG]
[attachment=175894:SAM_0028.JPG]
[attachment=175895:SAM_0032.JPG]
[attachment=175896:SAM_0025.JPG]

And the description....

[b] Fender Select Active Jazz Bass (Tobacco Sunburst)[/b]

The highly acclaimed Fender Select series introduces an all-new lineup for 2013. These finely crafted guitars and basses put decades of Fender expertise on display, with elegant features and design options for discerning musicians everywhere. Experience the latest figured tops, beautiful finishes, choice tone woods, figured and quartersawn maple necks with compound-radius fingerboards, an innovative new "inlaid" fingerboard design on two of the models, specially voiced pickups, and several new first-rate features that mark Fender's top-line best as remarkable instruments.
Like its passive-electronics 2012 predecessor, the Fender Select Active Jazz Bass® takes our most versatile bass to new heights of elegance and power. Its alder body has a flame maple top and a beautiful hand-stained Tobacco Sunburst finish with gloss-lacquer topcoat. The modern "C"-shaped quartersawn maple neck has a comfortable contoured heel, satin lacquer finish and Posiflex™ graphite support rods; the compound-radius rosewood fingerboard (9.5"-14") has 20 medium jumbo frets and stylish white pearloid block position inlays.
Other premium features include dual Fender Select Jazz Bass single-coil pickups, active/passive mini-toggle switch, master volume knob and pickup pan knob, three-band active EQ (treble, mid and bass boost/cut knobs), three-ply parchment pickguard, high-mass vintage-style bridge (strings-through-body or top-load), vintage-style tuners with tapered shafts, and Fender Select headstock medallion.

[b] Fender Select Active Jazz Bass Features:[/b][list]
[*][b]Body Shape[/b]: Jazz Bass®
[*][b]Neck Shape[/b]: Modern "C"
[*][b]Number of Frets[/b]: 20
[*][b]Fret Size[/b]: Medium Jumbo
[*][b]Position Inlays[/b]: White Pearloid Block
[*][b]Fingerboard Radius[/b]: 9.5"-14" Compound Radius (241 mm-355.6 mm)
[*][b]Fingerboard[/b]: Rosewood
[*][b]Neck Material[/b]: Graphite Reinforced Maple
[*][b]Nut Width[/b]: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
[*][b]Scale Length[/b]: 34" (864 mm)
[*][b]Neck Plate[/b]: 4-Bolt
[*][b]Truss Rods[/b]: Modern Heel Adjust
[*][b]Bridge Pickup[/b]: Fender Select Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
[*][b]Neck Pickup[/b]: Fender® Select Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
[*][b]Pickup Switching[/b]: Pan Pot
[*][b]Controls[/b]:
[list]
[*]Master Volume
[*]Pan Control
[*]Three-Band Active EQ with Treble Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut and Mid Boost/Cut
[*]Active/Passive Mini-Toggle Switch
[/list][*][b]Hardware Finish[/b]: Chrome
[*][b]Bridge[/b]: High Mass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
[*][b]String Nut[/b]: Synthetic Bone
[*][b]Tuning Machines[/b]: Fender®/Hipshot® Vintage Keys with Tapered Shafts
[*][b]Control Knobs[/b]: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
[*][b]Strings[/b]: Fender® USA, NPS, (Gauges .045-.100)
[*][b]Unique Features[/b]: Neck Heel Contour, Fender Select Headstock Medallion, Stealth "A" String Retainer
[/list]

Edited by Skinnyman