Why become a member? ×

Saying hello and help required

Mcdrewson

Hi All.

My name's Drew. Using US Fender Jazz through Ampeg SVT VR & 810AV. I've been recommended this forum by another member to see if anyone can help me out with a question about my Jazz.
I bought a US standard Jazz in '97 from Rushworths in Liverpool just as it was closing down. I've been gigging it for years and plays great and I have no problems with it. However it dawned on me the other day (11 years later) that I hadn't seen a serial number on it, neither on the backplate or headstock. Also, the colour doesn't appear on the Fender colour chart - it's a shade of pale yellow but more yellowish than Vintage White. On the back of the headstock is a small round sticker 'celebrating 50 years of Fender'. Came in a proper Fender case with all sealed accessories/manuals etc. Can anyone shed any light as to why it hasn't a visible serial number and if it's definitely a genuine Fender product. As I say, it plays fantastic and I would never have had any reason to doubt its authenticity until the serial number issue.

Welcome to the forum mate. I’m not too hot on Fenders myself, but there are some very knowledgeable people on here who know bucket loads about Fenders and scams and stuff. Maybe if you post your problem in the “General Bass Discussion” sub-forum then it might get more notice, and if you post some pics of the things you’re describing then I think you’ll get some great responses that should clear things up for you.

Welcome. Can't help on the Fender issue I'm afraid, but hey if it plays well who cares :)

Got an odd one myself with my L2500 ser no. The one stamped on the neck plate is before the quoted start number on the G&L Register - mind I believe it's the stamps in the neck joint that give the true answer, and I'm not about to pull it apart to check. It sounds great so who care how young or old it might be!!