Why become a member? ×

Value of Wal Pro IIE

overwater#1

[quote name='BassBod' post='255646' date='Aug 5 2008, 06:19 PM']And we were all younger...of course.[/quote]

...and I wasn't even born :)

This one does seem heavy, but I personally feel better playing a heavy bass. I have played much lighter basses, and never feel comfortable with them...Heavier feels more solid, I don't know, its a personal mentality, much the same as why I prefer to play 6 or more strings, I like the size and the feel of a wide neck in my hands, although the two extra strings are fantastic! I probably wont be saying that about weight in 20 or so years time, but at 17, Im making the most of it! :huh:

[quote name='overwater#1' post='255659' date='Aug 5 2008, 06:38 PM']...and I wasn't even born :huh:

This one does seem heavy, but I personally feel better playing a heavy bass. I have played much lighter basses, and never feel comfortable with them...Heavier feels more solid, I don't know, its a personal mentality, much the same as why I prefer to play 6 or more strings, I like the size and the feel of a wide neck in my hands, although the two extra strings are fantastic! I probably wont be saying that about weight in 20 or so years time, but at 17, Im making the most of it! :huh:[/quote]
17 :)

I love your sense of ambition!! Just wish I'd been the same at that age....

[quote name='overwater#1' post='255188' date='Aug 5 2008, 05:48 AM']I might try that, although won't adjust it much as it isn't my instrument.... yet! If I decide to buy the bass, then il get someone to go over the electronics for me, and check the transistors.
I remember my friend saying that it was the two little clip things had broken on that one pot. It isn't much of a problem, as its set to a beautiful tone as is now, but it would be useful to know how/if it could be fixed.
Hey Rich... il give you £350 if you want to get rid? £20 profit to you, I know im losing out.. but I wouldn't mind that !! :huh:
I wasn't going to post the serial, if its safe though.... Its PB1260, which dates it at '78 roughly is it?
It is heavy I guess, but I don't notice it one bit, as its a similar weight to my Overwater it seems. I have never really done alot of playing on lighter basses, although if I use the Precision or the RBX Yammy thing in college, they feel like toys.. !!
There certainly is a lot of interest in this bass, and Wal's in general on here... is there a 'Show your Wal's' thread, or 'Early Wal Basses'... hmmmm.. It would be great to see everyones early Wal basses. I think the Mk III basses are stuning though, id love to get one of them!! I've seen the picture of the rare 6 string Mk III, now that would be right up my street!! :)[/quote]

Lots of pics in the [url="http://www4.cs.fau.de/~koesters/Privat/Wal/walspec.html"]Wal database[/url] old and new(er)

[quote name='overwater#1' post='255659' date='Aug 5 2008, 06:38 PM']...and I wasn't even born :)

This one does seem heavy, but I personally feel better playing a heavy bass. I have played much lighter basses, and never feel comfortable with them...Heavier feels more solid, I don't know, its a personal mentality, much the same as why I prefer to play 6 or more strings, I like the size and the feel of a wide neck in my hands, although the two extra strings are fantastic! I probably wont be saying that about weight in 20 or so years time, but at 17, Im making the most of it! :huh:[/quote]

At 17, I could've worn and played the Ark Royal. At 27, the Starship Enterprise. Now, at 44, I couldn't bench press a dry Martini.