Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot 1215 Bass Combo

steviedee

Just had a rehearsal and I borrowed a mates Trace Elliot 1215 500w Combo, brand new never used, he has an endorsement so it has been sitting in his lockup for a year or something :).

I had trace stuff back in the day but its funny how you kinda associate gear with an era Trace is a bit eighties to me a bit uncool. Anyhoo the upshot being I gave it a blast and it was [b]awesome[/b] just absolutely fantastic, really punchy. I didn't take my effects with me and the bass just sounded amazing, I loved it. Dunno if anyone has one of these bad boys but if you do yer a lucky person.

Edited by steviedee

Was it a new one? I'm really interested in having a play through one of those. They look the dogs.

I remember turning up at this rehearsal place a couple of years ago. Normally the backline's rubbish and thrashed to bits but at this place, they had a pristine old-style Trace 15" combo. Plugged in an OLP Stingray copy and like you, was doing a double take at the sound coming out of the speaker.

I now get that sound out of my old Trace combo and Trace head. :)

Edited by stingrayfan

[quote name='steviedee' post='253740' date='Aug 3 2008, 02:55 PM']Just had a rehearsal and I borrowed a mates Trace Elliot 1215 500w Combo, brand new never used, he has an endorsement so it has been sitting in his lockup for a year or something :).

I had trace stuff back in the day but its funny how you kinda associate gear with an era Trace is a bit eighties to me a bit uncool. Anyhoo the upshot being I gave it a blast and it was [b]awesome[/b] just absolutely fantastic, really punchy. I didn't take my effects with me and the bass just sounded amazing, I loved it. Dunno if anyone has one of these bad boys but if you do yer a lucky person.[/quote]

Very 80S????

Still some of the coolest stuff out there and always attracts comments from punters.

Heres my combo:

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='253944' date='Aug 3 2008, 09:41 PM']That's a great looking rig - looks as new. Was it a bargain or did you have to cough big $s for it?[/quote]

Er lets think now.....

Head £160
Case £70
Tuner £25
4 x 10 £200
1x15 £100

So about £555 in all.

Sounds BIG. And its all the older Made In Maldon stuff.........nice n local!!

Edited by neilb

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='253951' date='Aug 3 2008, 09:50 PM']:huh: Now that's a deal!

Give me a shout when you want to sell it and get a Mark Bass combo. :)[/quote]

I agree with the above, I still love the look of a trace rig, mine is on the RHS of the pic below.

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='257936' date='Aug 8 2008, 11:31 AM']I love the fact that your rig's three times the size of the guitarist's combo.[/quote]

I know, it was always a source of amusement to me too, always had plenty of opportuity to crank up if needs be. In fact I had some feedback following this very gig that I was very loud!!!

LOL!