Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wish me luck guys

Ou7shined

I'm about to do something I've never done before. 3 gigs in one day... with 3 different bands. A half hour set with my originals band in the early evening, then an hour long set with a band we've reformed for a one off (second from last), then a 2 hour set with my trib band (headlining). The bit I'm worried about is doing the last 2 slots consecutively. I just hope I've still got some energy by the end of the night. It'll be a good little workout. :)

i've once done a gig with what i suppose could be 17 bands in one night... but it wasnt really bands, it was more different guitarist and drummers, cos i go to this place where they teach drums, bass and guitar lessons and every year they do a gig where you get stuck with some guys you don't know and play a song but theres only three bassist so i got stuck doing 17 songs.

good luck with your gig!

Good luck, I'm sure it'll be fine :)

My current record is five in one day at an all day festival last year - didn't know where I was by the end of it! My ( not at the time) girlfriend apparently commented on how relaxed I looked with the headline band - I was actually comatose :huh:

Cheers
Alun

I've done 3 in a day but not with 3 diff bands.

Biggest issue was my fingers were sore , like friction burns , during the third. Got a bit 'Groundhog Day' too.I kept thinking 'that bit can't be now cos I just played it ' etc. Maybe that won't be the same with playing different sets.

So - best of British and hope it's a good laugh at all 3

Adrenalin will get you through I'm sure!

I've done three in a day with three different bands - a ceilidh band, a rock/R&B band and an R&B Blues band and I thorughly enjoyed it! Mind you it was at my 50th birthday party.

Last year I also did a sunday morning in church near huddersfield, Sunday afternoon with an R&B band in Whitby and sunday evening across the other side of the country near Wigan! Definitely a 'do the gig and hit the road' kind of a day!

[quote name='Funkmaster' post='254908' date='Aug 4 2008, 10:48 PM']I've done three in a day with three different bands - a ceilidh band, a rock/R&B band and an R&B Blues band and I thorughly enjoyed it! Mind you it was at my 50th birthday party.[/quote]

Oh yeah.. My 40th was like that .. But it was no longer than one gig - I just played all night with all the bands I was in at the time (4) and a huge jam session at the end..
:)

I've played two gigs in one day with one band in my youth, but that was just 30 minute sets in the afternoon and evening.

My greatest feat of endurance had to be a work Christmas Party last year which had me playing for 3 hours (3 x 1 hour sets) through one evening with my covers band of the time. Though I was paid hansomely for it! :)

I did a dep mini-tour which had a couple of instances of me playing 3 evenings in a row. I had a similar deja-vu experience to OldGit. After a while I had trouble distiguishing which venue was which, but that could have been the alcohol and sleep deprivation :huh:

You can do it but avoid drinking too much booze, there is nothing worse than going on stage pissed, I've never done it myself but some guys I've played with use to do it and they thought they played great shows, when in fact they were awful.
I Played in Finsbury Park in the afternoon, then we had to break all the gear down and get to Soho, to the Marquee for the evening.
You will have a great time.
Make some noise!

Edited by steve-soar

[quote name='peted' post='255141' date='Aug 5 2008, 10:16 AM']I did a dep mini-tour which had a couple of instances of me playing 3 evenings in a row. I had a similar deja-vu experience to OldGit. After a while I had trouble distiguishing which venue was which, but that could have been the alcohol and sleep deprivation :huh:[/quote]

Ha ha the effects are still happening then? That wasn't me :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='255228' date='Aug 5 2008, 11:24 AM']Ha ha the effects are still happening then? That wasn't me :)[/quote]
Sorry! I meant Dr.Dave. I can't give web browsing my 100% attention just in case I don't notice my boss walking in :huh: