Why become a member? ×

FIXED; Probably Blown David Eden VT.40

Hi, ive just received the david eden vt.40 i bought from america. After waiting a month for payment to clear and it to arrive i ran to set it up and play about with it and in this rush i foolishly forgot that it was still wired for 115 volts. After doing this the light on the front lit for a second and then nothing and it was then i realized :S . I realize i may just be posting my stupidity with this thread and accept the sniggers that come with it but is there anyway to possibly fix it?

Edited by Sean.Robinson

It could well be just a fuse.Check that first and then if it's not that,well then..........There should be a fuse holder on the back of the amp somewhere.Oh,and remember to change the voltage selector to the correct settting,in case you do the same thing again.Good luck!

Hi, thanks for the replies, just to clarify this is the fuse in the back of the unit:

do i just take it to maplin and ask them if they have a replacement?

Also how do i adjust the voltage because the only way i can see is by rotating the fuse compartment around, though this doesnt make much sense to me how it would affect the voltage the unit operates at?

Thanks for all your help

Hi, would like to say thanks for all the help, was just about to head out to B+Q, and my girlfriend wanted to play through my other amp, so put the power lead in it what id used for the eden and noticed the fuse had blown on the lead, changed the fuse and thought to switch the voltage on the eden and try it one last time. Cant believe my luck its no working and the head is absolutely amazing, yet again thanks for all the help

Sean

Hi, seems to be, though it is a rather confusing manual and im not too happy about it myself so im going to half the fuse value, im going to start a new thread about the fuse though as im having trouble tracking a suitable one down

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='253611' date='Aug 3 2008, 09:36 AM']Doh! :huh:

So is that all that is required (rotate the fuse holder) to change an Eden amp from USA to UK?

Doesn't the fuse rating need to be altered? :)[/quote]