Why become a member? ×

Warwick Warning

This is just a heads up 'be aware' not a full on scammer warning but I'd be cautious!

This Stage I has been up for sale by this seller once before and I enquired 3 weeks ago as to what the serial number and year of manufacture were (I'm 99% certain it's a 90's one and I know of a friend after one). I got a message back saying that it was in a shop at the moment but the seller would get back to me... they never did. Hence I told my mate to leave it for now as there'd be another along soon enough. The listing ended un-sold I think. It came back up again so my mate contacted the seller and got back the same 'shop' response. He persisted and asked again twice this week; he's just gotten a message back stating;

"hi there, im really sorry ive been trying to get in touch with the shop where it is at, but has been closed for the week, i believe he is on holiday. i will be unable to get it before the end of auction. sorry for any inconvenience"

Now that is all very plausible but TBH if I'd had something up for sale for nearly 3 weeks and I'd had enquires at the beginning of those 3 weeks I'd have found out those details in case any other potential buyers wanted them and to not know the year of manufacture of a fairly expensive instrument like a Warwick NT is a bit of an oversight, especially if you have owned it for 3 years!

It may well be genuine and there is the option to collect in person but if you are watching this please use a bit of caution!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150274731815&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=005[/url]

[quote name='BassManKev' post='252650' date='Aug 1 2008, 12:26 PM']i think the guy might just be lazy, i dont think he is tryin to con anyone, he has good feedback, and offers local pickup and paypal payment, i think he's just a bad seller[/quote]

As I say, I'm just offering advice!

I'm after a bargain as much as the next person (or my mate in this instance) but we passed this up at £500 last time and I'll be advising him to do the same again this time. I'd love to be wrong and someone local can go along and bag a bargain... in which case please let me know how it turns out :)