Why become a member? ×

FS: Wal Pro Fretless
£1375

Lacertus

W2043 4-String Fretless. This is has a single pick up at the bridge and is passive, not active. There is wear on the unlined ebony fretboard from the use of round wound strings and a chip or two in the lacquer on the top/back of the body (see pics), but all is fully functional. Comes with the original brown Wal case, a recent set-up and new 45-105 strings. [b]Price: €1750 (~1375GBP)[/b].

The bass is located in The Netherlands. I can arrange insured transportation for about 50GBP.

Bought this beauty off here (adamk550) about two years ago. Haven't played it very much since, but enough to become infected with a serious case of the Wal-virus. I've bought three Wals since then, and now I'm cutting down to just a fretted and fretless mk1.

Please don't underestimate the fact that it has 'just' one pickup. This baby pumps out some serious BASS, even more so than the mk1's. Probably due to the difference in woods used for the body (I believe this is Alder, but I'm not sure).

We're talking about the left one, the other two stay here...

She's got a nice body!

More pics: [url="http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/Lacertus108/library/Wal/Pro%20Fretless"]HERE[/url]

[color=#ff0000]REPEATED WARNING:[/color] This is a highly dangerous bass! Think before you act, because you will want, no NEED, more WAL!

Tradewise, I'm not looking for anything, Cash is King! So chances are small, but just in case you want to try and seduce me: any bass should have a maximum of 4 strings, and a minimum of 21 frets.