Why become a member? ×

Robben Ford - He Don't Play Nothin' transcription help

Diablo

I've been asked to learn this song for rehearsal next Tuesday. I'm not into Robben Ford at all and only started listening to the song today. I've got the chords from the guitarist but I'm inexperienced with transcribing and cannot find any tabs or dots for this song anywhere on t'net. Before I lock myself away for 2 days to try and transcribe this I just wanted to ask if anyone else has tabs or dots for it.

Cheers in advance,
Rich

[url="http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/r/robben_ford/he_dont_play_nothin_but_the_blues_power_tab.htm"]http://tabs.ultimate...s_power_tab.htm[/url]

Just realised that it's guitar tab - not bass - maybe you can try a search from there..

HTH

Edited by Allie

Thanks, UG is usually my first port of call but I'm always worried about songs that are not on there. It usually means no-one wants to play/listen to them so not worth learning! Looks like a weekend spent transcribing it, not something to savour at all I feel.

Cheers,
Rich

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1411650944' post='2561544']
Roscoe Beck is bass royalty.

As a top bass player in many styles (I believe currently he's musical director for Leonard Cohen) he's someone we should all be listening to and learning from.
[/quote]One of my biggest influences, an absolute monster of a player and a great songwriter and producer into the bargain.

Having heard the track just now on youtube I have some sympathy with the OP. I used to get stuck with a lot of this kind of stuff in one band I was in, the band leader had a bit of an obsession with Jeff Healy. Tidy player and all that but lots of those modern blues guys seem to plow a fairly narrow furrow musically but I guess that goes with the territory. Needless to say it was shortest tenure I've ever been in a gigging band.

He Don't Play Nothing is very straight forward for a Robben Ford song (pretty much Dire Straits' Money For Nothing really, with none of the RF's altered chords to play through) why not just play what you think fits for you? However, I f it's a new band and one of the players is a huge RF fan then maybe the band is not for you as there are bound to be many songs from the RF canon being suggested, not many of which you'll find bass tabs for.