Why become a member? ×

Jen and the Gents - Right Now EP

Beer of the Bass

I though I'd pop these up here for people to check out; here are three tracks which Jen and the Gents put up on their bandcamp page this month.
[url="http://jenthegents.bandcamp.com/album/right-now-ep"]http://jenthegents.bandcamp.com/album/right-now-ep[/url]
If anyone is curious about the bass sound, I'm playing home-built gear on this one, my five-string bass into my valve preamp box for a tiny bit of grit, plus my Superfuzz clone on Right Now. I had D'Addario tapewounds on at the time, and the bass is DI'd via a BSS AR116 DI box. We had to do a bit of creative EQ-ing to make the DI fuzz sound work, but as we recorded the drums, bass and guitars live in one room we were trying to avoid mic-ing a cab.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1412099155' post='2565666']
There's something endearingly unpretentious about your music. I mean that in a good way. It isn't all glossy, but that seems to suit who you are and what you're doing.
[/quote]

Yeah I'll go with that, I like it and I bet it's great live.

Cheers guys. I should probably point out, this is the band I had the thread in General Discussion about leaving, and I'll no longer be playing with them. These recordings were done over a year ago when things felt on a little more of a roll, and I thought I'd stick them up here as I'm still kind of pleased with how they came out.
I've been chatting with a guy who's trying out for the post and he's a decent player and seems enthusiastic enough, so I reckon the band will still be worth catching live when they get back to gigging.

Edited by Beer of the Bass