Why become a member? ×

Software for organising your band - rehearsals, gigs and deps?

eamonlaser

Hi all, I play with a load of different bands, and one of them is a 12 piece band. We do weddings, parties, corporate, you know the sort of thing. What's important for this post is the number of people in the band and the fact that it's rare for every member to be available for every gig...

Currently we use email/text messages to contact each other, then one of us (usually me) logs into Doodle to set up an event and ask the band to say whether they are available.

This works OK, and is free, but I can't help but think there must be a better way. It requires someone to keep pestering members to add their availability, and if someone can't make it this same person then needs to contact a dep (or deps) to see if they're available.

Ideally I'd like something where I am able to register the 12 main members of the band and all of the deps, then put in the date of an event and let the software send out emails to everyone. If someone isn't available for a gig or rehearsal the software could contact that members no1 dep and if they're not available the 2nd and so on.

I am aware I'm probably asking too much, but wondered if anyone else is using anything like this?

How do your bands manage the availability of members for gigs?

I use a google calendar and nag at people to put when they are available or busy. In practise there always seems to be a technophobe in every band who forgets/can't be bothered but if most people use it then it saves a bit of time and helps keep things organised...
I haven't come across anything that would also send emails but I suspect the same people who can't update the calendar would also not read those emails ;-)