Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - please remove.

edstraker123

I hate to see this kind of post, where the seller needs to shift their gear because times are hard. I had to sell my Jaydee back in 1995 simply because I couldn't afford to eat or pay the bills, I had a big council tax bill and was facing court.
I sold it for peanuts and as soon as the guy left mine, carrying my bass, my insides started to churn.
This is a beautiful bass for a silly price, someone is going to get a lot of bass for a little money.
Have a "cool as Ed Bishop" type bump.

P.S. Ed, what was your favourite S.H.A.D.O. fighting machine? Mine was the tank with the missle on the top.
I liked the Interceptor as well. :)

Edited by steve-soar

Hi All ,
UFO first - Steve: Sky One was definitely the best - not so sure about the string vests they used to wear onboard the sub though.

I know what you all mean about selling this bass - it's by far and away the best looking in my collection but I've got an Overwater Progress which I prefer tonally, which I bought on a buy now pay in a year deal so needed to find the money to fund this.(Wife has since paid for it !)so not now so desperate for the cash - it finishes on Ebay tonight and if it doesn't go I definitely won't list it again (which may be for the best !) . I have listed it on Ebay a few times only to withdraw it with minutes to go as I could not bare the thought of parting with it.

[quote name='edstraker123' post='279083' date='Sep 7 2008, 01:08 PM']Hi All ,
UFO first - Steve: Sky One was definitely the best - not so sure about the string vests they used to wear onboard the sub though.

I know what you all mean about selling this bass - it's by far and away the best looking in my collection but I've got an Overwater Progress which I prefer tonally, which I bought on a buy now pay in a year deal so needed to find the money to fund this.(Wife has since paid for it !)so not now so desperate for the cash - it finishes on Ebay tonight and if it doesn't go I definitely won't list it again (which may be for the best !) . I have listed it on Ebay a few times only to withdraw it with minutes to go as I could not bare the thought of parting with it.[/quote]

Believe me, if I had the money I'd take this!* The fact that we're both in liverpool makes all that more tempting :)

[color="#C0C0C0"]
*unless anyone wants to buy a stingray five and a 20th anniversary warwick corvette[/color]

[quote name='edstraker123' post='284146' date='Sep 15 2008, 12:25 PM'][b[size=5]]Never Say Never[/size][/b]

2 Guitar purchases at the weekend mean the Shuker is back on sale at £1045 .

Is there no cure for this addiction!!!!![/quote]

2 at the same time - now that's just greedy :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Rich,
This particular one has quite a flat profile which is what appealed to me having small paws, although the string spacing is quite wide. If you are going to go for a Shuker custom build (would definitely recommend it - Jon is one of the most skilled luthiers your are likely to meet and is a great guy as well) you can specify the exact neck dimensions you require and therefore get whatever feels most comfortable.

Regards,
Ed.

[quote name='Vasquez Rich' post='320471' date='Nov 2 2008, 09:06 PM']Been looking at these on the Shuker website for some weeks now... this would be the one I would be after too, thru neck, 4 string...

do you know how the neck would be compared to my (quite chunky) Warwick Wenge neck?

Richard[/quote]

NB. I am going to Bass Day on Sunday and could bring the bass for collection here if that helps anybody out. Obviously I don't want to be lugging it round with me all day so will only do this if I have an actual sale rather than any speculative enquiries. If we say cash on collection you can then see and hear what a masterpiece it is before parting with your hard earned readies !

Hi Rich,
Sorry for not getting the dimensions to you last night but I didn't feel too well. Will definitely get everything you've asked for to you tonight.
It's £1045 (cash on collection or cheque and you arrange your own courier to collect it )

I always talk to my missus after the guitars have been delivered - that way she can't stop me getting them ! :)

neck width at nut 44mm
neck width at 12th 58mm
string spacing is 19mm at the bridge although the string spacing can be adjusted - the saddles can be moved individually - you could probably make it 20mm.
Measurements taken using a stanley tape measure rather than any precision instrument !

Don't know what a standard string spacing would be(if there is such a thing) although the one on this bass feels noticeably wider than that on all of my other basses

Interesting...

my Warwick has

neck width at nut 38mm (vs 44mm)
neck width at 12th 55mm (vs 58mm)
across the 4 strings is 59mm at the bridge so not a lot different really at this end.

I consider my Warwick to be well spaced and suited to my sausage fingers, your Shuker seems even wider spaced overall, certainly as you get towards the nut.

Still talking to the financial advisor... :)

Richard