Why become a member? ×

*Sold* Fender Fretless Geddy Lee Jazz Bass £380
£500

nnspok

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Up for sale is my superb modded Geddy Lee fretless...the story is as follows: [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]The original Geddy Lee Jazz bass (Fender, Japan, 2001) was modified by its original owner to have an upgraded Schaller bridge, Dimarzio Model J pickups and a fretted Shuker neck, the bass was then sold on through basschat and the body (black - alder) was sent to the BassDoc, one of the best for working on fender basses in the UK. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]The BassDoc added a beautiful fretless jazz neck with Hipshot Ultralite tuners. This is easily one of the best feeling necks I've ever touched before. Coupled with the 70's pickup spacing gives a thrilling fretless burp like no other fretless I've had, its been played, gigged, loved and is brilliant! If I could keep it I would! [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]There is also an alternate standard jazz wiring loom with CTS pots and a Switchcraft jack socket (received from BassDoc) that can be dropped in to replace the modded electrics (it currently has a master volume, a 4 way rotary selector for pickup choice and the usual tone pot). [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]The body has a few scars/mojo marks from its former life. Its been cleaned up but haven't filled in any of its paint chips. The bass comes in a functional but untidy looking Warwick Rockbag. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]If you're interested in the bass, by all means come over and have a play on it and see if its the one for you. [/size][/font][/color][color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Hoping to not ship if possible, but could meet around the M25 somewhere as well.[/size][/font][/color]

[s][color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]£500...ish;)[/size][/font][/color][/s][color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3] £400[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Cheers, [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]-Noah [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]07706501103[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by nnspok

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

jcater - the action feels great to play, wouldn't change a thing about it for myself, however there is room on either end of the spectrum to adjust things and I do have the right size tool to do so if you tried out the bass and decided you wanted the action any higher.

I'm based in Twickenham, can be pretty flexible time-wise for setting up a meet. Feel free to send a message over if you've got any more questions about the bass or would like to come over and try it out.

Sterling_76 - I believe the neck is ebony, although don't hold me to it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

This bass needs a new home! Just had a practice session on it and it sounds brilliant.

Volume knob could potentially use a spray to clean up the crackle, but also comes with a whole different set of pots you could put in it anyhow.

New pics added. Japanese bass, hipshot tuners, amazing fretless neck, dimarzio pickups. Lower price now set at £380! Come try it out:)

Edited by nnspok