Why become a member? ×

hello basschat!

bobbassguy

Hey guys!

My name's Bob. I'm from Aberdeen, and I have been playing bass for about 8 years in various bands. I'm currently band-less but occasionally fill in on the bass for some bands.

I play a few basses: my baby is my Spector Legend-4, but she is backed up by a couple of sturdy Squier P-basses and J-basses. I've not ventured into 5-or-6 string territory yet but I'm toying with the idea.

I like all kinds of music, but my favourites are rock, metal and industrial rock. My bass heroes include guys like Justin Chancellor, Rex Brown, Billy Sheehan, JJ Burnel, John Paul Jones and Victor Wooten.

It's great to be on basschat, talking bass with some like-minded guys and gals.

Thank you!

:)

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='250267' date='Jul 29 2008, 10:49 AM']Hello Bob. My name's Bob too! We should start a Club

Built by Roberts[/quote]
Or a jazz band...?

Doh, someone's beaten you to it...

[url="http://www.bobs.com/"]http://www.bobs.com/[/url]

[quote name='bobbassguy' post='250244' date='Jul 29 2008, 10:23 AM']My name's Bob. I'm from Aberdeen.....[/quote]
Alright another Aberdonian. That makes 4 of us now -- 16again (Davie - punk), Neepheid (Matt - ska), me (Rich - metal/rock) and your good self. What's your poison?
Where do you drink Bob? We're all gonna be in Drummond's on Sunday at various points for a charity gig day. I'm the only one out of the 3 of us that'll be playing on the day though (I'll be appearing in 3 different bands, so you'll have a fair chance of catching it). If you fancy coming down wear a red carnation in your button hole and carry a copy of the Times under your right arm and we'll scope you out and buy you a pint. Alternatively look out for the guy with the massive mohawk but who looks like he should be old enough to know better - that'll be me. :)
Welcome to the forum.