Why become a member? ×

Traynor 6x10 cab - YC-610 - SOLD

To my mild chagrin, Herself has hinted this be removed from the so-called 'dining' room. Bought a few years ago, but now surplus.

[attachment=11312:yc610_front.jpg][attachment=11314:yc610_rear.jpg][attachment=11313:yc610_mfr_plate
.jpg]

Traynor YC-610 6x10 cabinet from the early 70's; in very good nick for a 35 year old and amazingly light - I can carry this on my own with no help - (unlike my B15 combo). On the few occasions it was gigged, I only stuck a 100w tranny head through it, but the guitarist kept bitching about 'too loud' - but same amp thru a 1x15 - no complaints!?!

Ideal for pairing with a valve amp to recreate yer classic 60's-70's sound, matching up with an old YBA to re-unite a golden age rig - or just to stick under a modest modern tranny amp for a pleasing thump. Good round tone. Not a power monster, just a nice sound - see spec below.

As used by 'The Guess Who', Bachman Turner Overdrive, Steve Miller and a host of other long-haired wrinklies from my youth.

£150 and take it away - Mrs S will be very grateful.

[b]Condition[/b]

[i]If you're a 'Collector':[/i]
B+ Collectability
B+ Condition:
All six speakers unmarked and functional
Grille slightly stained but intact
Brightwork present but tarnished in places
Logo intact
Serial Plate scratched but legible

[i]If you're just a player, like me:[/i]
Fully Functional
Light
Loud, even by modern standards
Looks nice
Sounds nice

[b]Official Yorkville Spec / History - italics are mine[/b]

YC-610 Cabinet

Six Marsland ([i]or McKenzie[/i]) 8 Ohm tens in a sealed enclosure wired series/parallel (3 series pairs paralleled)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Approximate Serial Number
91000 to 92000s = 1968 to 1970 // 006#### to 605#### 1970-1976

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Years Made
1968 - 1976
Cabinet Type
6x10" bass (or guitar) cab

Power 300 Watts* pgm 5.3 Ohms

Designed for use with the YBA-1A, it saw nearly equal usage for bass and guitar.

*[i](Yorkville state 300w here, but opinion differs, and I believe this may be a 150w cab - that's what you'd be buying, as I haven't had the speakers out to check)[/i]

Edited by skankdelvar

If you don't shift this fast, try putting it in the Tech Room on the www.electrical.com forums. They are mad for Traynor there, and plenty of UK types read the site. Including me. I was very tempted by this cab until I saw the size of my flat :-(

[quote name='umph' post='250105' date='Jul 29 2008, 12:32 AM']i wish i could justify getting this the fact its 5.3ohms is a bit dodgy though would it be alrate using it with valve heads running at 4 ohms?[/quote]

Pretty sure it would be OK. Impedance is normal for old traynors like this - it's the factory standard, not a DIY rewire ; you can run 4 ohms into it, or could possibly re-configure the wiring run to get a different impedance. Not sure what it would end up as, you'd need to talk to a tech!

[quote name='ped' post='250078' date='Jul 28 2008, 11:39 PM']I see you too live in the 'Shire. Feels like a tropical jungle today though doesn't it?

ped[/quote]

yeah, but great storm later though! And sunny, yet cool as a penguin's chuff today. Gorgeous out here in Ironstone country.

"The Midlands will experience scattered Ashdowns, with occasional outbreaks of Ampegs on higher ground."

[quote name='dangerboy' post='250091' date='Jul 28 2008, 11:57 PM']If you don't shift this fast, try putting it in the Tech Room on the www.electrical.com forums. They are mad for Traynor there, and plenty of UK types read the site. Including me. I was very tempted by this cab until I saw the size of my flat :-([/quote]

Thanks for the advice; stay tempted, tho'! Turn it on it's side, throw some chintz over it and it makes a lovely window seat. I suggested that Mrs S do some foam-filled loose covers for it, but she declined.

• 4 weeks later...