Why become a member? ×

Smoke/Fog Machines in pubs

redbandit599

i always feign plenty of coughing and spluttering

m obviously not the only one who cant stand them and i thinks the stuff smells absolutely vile

thankfully ours doesnt get used so much now since our singist lost her voice mid gig on one occasion as a result of the aforementioned rogue machinery :ph34r:

We did a spectacular album launch many years back and hired in fancy lighting and an industrial sized smoke machine....the only snag was the wired remote for the smoke machine was nowhere near long enough to reach the lighting desk.....our lighting guy / roadie / drinking buddy said he could just nip to the side of the stage give it a quick squirt at the end of a song giving us some nice smoke for the following song....this worked wonderfully for the first 3 or 4 songs until he eventually pushed the lock button in his haste to get back to the desk, over the next couple of minutes everything disappeared into a thick fog, we had to stop playing, cue a little voice at the front of stage "sorry I think I F**ked it up". Took about 15 minutes for the smoke to thin enough to resume playing....one of those wonderful Spinal Tap moments in my gigging career