Why become a member? ×

1001RB-II and 410RBH (8 Ohms)

Baronoli

Hi everyone,

I've been waiting for my 410RBH 800W cab from GAK for ages now (1 month). I've ordered the 8 Ohms version incase I decide to add another cab to my rig.

I have the 1001RB-II which outputs 380w at 8 Ohms and 700W at 4 Ohms. Will 380W be loud enough against a 100W DSL100 and an Blackstar Artisan 30W? What would my limit be in terms of different venues when only using the 8Ohm 410RBH?

I will be adding another 410RBH in due course, or maybe the 115RBH, but not sure yet!

It should be plenty loud enough, but that depends on the efficiency of the cab & if your guitarists are musicians or muppets.
Watts don't make decibels. If the 8 ohm version ain't loud enough, then the 4 ohm one wouldn't be either.

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1407880866' post='2525108']
Yes!

The RBH cabs are very sensitive and the RB range watts are very loud. I used to gig a 400RB with the RBH210 and it kept up just fine in a rock band with two guitarists.

You won't need another cab!

Truckstop
[/quote]

Should I have opted for the 4 Ohms then, do you think?

I didn't want to limit my expansion options when browsing!

[quote name='Baronoli' timestamp='1407883773' post='2525129']
Should I have opted for the 4 Ohms then, do you think?

I didn't want to limit my expansion options when browsing!
[/quote]

Nope. The extra couple of DB from the 4 ohm version isn't worth heating your amp up for.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1407921549' post='2525290']
Nope. The extra couple of DB from the 4 ohm version isn't worth heating your amp up for.
[/quote]

Ahh it's making sense now. Thanks guys! Would the extra DB be noticeable from having two of the 410's, though?

Last question I promise! ;)

Yes because you'll be shifting twice as much air. But it's more of a perception thing rather than an actual volume increase.

You'll be fine with the one cab. Honestly, how loud do you need to be? If you're playing gigs where you need an 8x10 rig then you'll be going through the PA anyway.

Enjoy the rig!

Truckstop

[quote name='Baronoli' timestamp='1407922640' post='2525307']
Thanks! It's just getting so tedious waiting for GAK to deliver it, they're usually pretty good for me!
[/quote]
Give them a call and ask what's going on. They're a decent company to deal with and they're likely to give you a more accurate date.

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1407923800' post='2525322']
Give them a call and ask what's going on. They're a decent company to deal with and they're likely to give you a more accurate date.
[/quote]

They're saying their supplier Polar Audio, haven't got a solid date yet. So I e-mailed them, they said it's on back order with no solid date from GK. SO after that I e-mailed GK and Bob Gallien's Son "Forest" told me they shipped them last Friday to receive on Monday. Fingers crossed I get it before our next studio session on Sunday!