Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Zoom replacement PSUs

irvined

Hi,

Just wanted to post about my recent experience with an Ebay seller.

I recently did a rehearsal where my TC BG250 was humming like mad! I traced it around and found it was being caused by my Zoom B3 so I disconnected the Zoom. When I returned home I tested the B3 again and found some of my PSUs were causing the B3 to hum.

I looked on Ebay for replacement PSUs and ordered 2 [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZOOM-AD-0006-AD-16-NOISE-FREE-REPLACEMENT-POWER-SUPPLY-ADAPTER-9V-1A-/261533801883?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item3ce4a11d9b"]ZOOM AD-0006 AD-16 NOISE FREE REPLACEMENT POWER SUPPLY ADAPTER 9V 1A[/url]

They were delivered but when I tested them and they hummed. I got in touch with the vendor: [b][url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/power4music"]power4music[/url][/b] power4music

I received a very swift response saying:

[color=#000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=2]Hi, I am so sorry to hear the power supplies are generating a noise with the B3, we do have an alternative power supply which is usually more expensive (because they are linear like the official Zoom power supply) however I can send you 2 of these for free if you would prefer and there would be no need to send the other power supplies back.

Let me know what you think.

Hope this helps
Kind Regards Rob[/size][/font][/color]

Rob was true to his word, the new PSUs arrived and they are silent.

Just wanted to share this.

Regards,

Doug

Edited by irvined