Why become a member? ×

TRaded.
£1750

ambient

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][color=#000000][size=3][size=4]This is a very reluctant sale, I will however be buying another stick in the very, very near future, but I have the chance to buy a very special instrument at the moment, so needs must !

This is a black dyed Padauk stick, with gold coloured mother of pearl inlays, and gold and black machine heads. The action is incredibly low, allowing very easy playing. [/size][/size][/color][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][color=#000000][size=3][size=4]It is currently tuned in baritone melody tuning.

The sale includes an official Stick enterprises plastic hard case, a leather strap, stereo cable, and a stereo to mono adaptor cable that I had built to allow you to connect to a normal bass amp. [/size][/size][/color][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][color=#000000][size=3][size=4]The Stick, case and accessories are in perfect condition.

Potential buyers are more than welcome to come over and try it, currently the instrument is in Birmingham, but I travel to London most weeks.

£[s]1500[/s] [/size][/size][/color][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][color=#000000][size=3][size=4][s][b]£1400[/b].[/s][/size][/size][/color][/font]

[size=6][b][font=lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif][color=#000000]N[/color][/font]ow £1150 until Sunday only, then the bass I want will be sold, so this will be withdrawn from sale ![/b][/size]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][color=#000000][size=3][size=4]Shipping is possible, but I would rather personal collection, or I can deliver for train fare.[/size][/size][/color]

[size=4][color=#000000]​If the instrument that I want to buy is sold, then I'll withdraw this, because it is a really beautiful instrument that I love playing.[/color][/size][/font]

Edited by ambient

I went on the Stick enterprises website last night. You can complete an on-line order form there, kind of design your perfect Stick, and get a price on your choice of options.

This one, with the black/gold tuners, gold abalone position markers and hard case came in at $2,850, plus $200 shipping makes a grand total of $3,050. I'm guessing but I should imagine the custom black dye with the natural wood stripe would cost more on top of that.

Anyway, add on VAT and import duty, you're probably looking at a price of at least £2,250 (possibly more with the black colour and natural binding).

Making this something of a bargain without the long wait/delivery time.

Screenshot of the order form -

[attachment=168768:Screen Shot 2014-08-08 at 23.14.36.png]

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1407833595' post='2524363']
You might have better luck advertising it on the "Stickist" forum, if you haven't already.
[/quote]

Yeah, I have it advertised on there. I've had about as much luck as on here, just someone offering me a ridiculously low amount for it.

:)