Why become a member? ×

SOLD Lakland US Joe Osborn 4 string (ash/maple) with mods

Marlat

Hi

I am not really a poster on basschat, but some of you may know me (and maybe hate me) from Talkbass. Anyway, I have one of my basses for sale at the Bass Gallery in Camden. Due to some recent purchases I need to shift it so will accept (or tell the Gallery to accpet) offers a reasonable bit lower than the current listed price of £1650

Detail of the bass:

Lakland US Joe Osborn 4 string
Full size ash body
Maple neck with birdseye maple figerboard
Ebony dots
Black pickguard

Now, it was modded by Mike Lull with the following:

Nordstrand NJ4SE pickups
Aguilar OBP-1 preamp (wired with passive bypass and tone control)
18v operation with 2 batteries in quick release cases.
Side output jack.

The bass comes with a creme G&G original case and the original stacked Vol/Tone control plate with front mounted output jack if you wanted to put it back to full passive operation.

Both the bass and the case are in excellent condition. There is some minor cracking on one of the pcikup covers and minimal dings and scratching (I don't recall there being any, but there must be some). If it wouldn't pass as new, it would defintely pass as almost new.

The tone is really nice, as you'd expect of a bass of this quality. It does the Marcus thing superbly and gets a great fingerstyle 70's jazz tone. However, due to my love affair with Sadowsky basses, this one has to go.

I will post some pics later tonight, but head down to the Gallery if you want to check it out. This is basically an opportunity to get a US model bass for the price of a Sadowsky metro etc so if you want to make an offer let me know.

Cheers

Mark

Edited by Mark Latimour

[quote name='steve-soar' post='248055' date='Jul 25 2008, 07:54 PM']Hi Mark how you diddlin'?
Hope the black and yella things are still good for you.
Steve.[/quote]

Hi Steve

The cabinets are excellent, just what I was after which is great. The new Sadowsky (not pictured) sounds great through them too! :)

Mark