Why become a member? ×

Ampeg BSE410HLF 4X10 Cabinet
£450

Hi guys,
Trying to have abit of a clear out and raise some funds for some effects I want. I've decided that for the right price I'll let my beloved vintage Ampeg Cab go. I love this 4x10 it's the best sounding cab I've owned (I've had a few!) I don't actually use it much anymore as I have my Ashdown Combo which I use more and a Micro CL 100watt stack for small gigs.

I'm not really that well informed about these I know that roughly they were about £800 new, mines vintage/old that's a certain fact, I am the second owner and have had it at least 6 years now. It's in very good condition and no real damage at all, the grill is slightly dented but nothing at all noticeable. I've included the stock pic from the website as mine is buried under my guitar stand and rubbish, and (still) unfortunately am not fit enough to manoeuvre things around.

Abit from the Ampeg website:

"Ampeg BSE410H series 4X10 Bass Cabinets are quality two-way speaker cabinets suitable for all venue sizes.

The cabinets feature heavy duty recessed handles, removable casters and a heavy gauge steel grill for maximum speaker protection.

The jackplate features two 1/4" jacks wired in parallel, allowing easy daisy chaining from one speaker to another. Each of the jacks may be used as an input or a through connection. The three position HF horn switch allows for:

• Full high frequency output (0 setting)

• -6dB reduction of the high frequencies through the horn (-6 setting)

• Horn shutoff (off setting)

Cheers folks
JBF

Edited by JazzBassfreak

[quote name='richardd' timestamp='1406454636' post='2511521']
The Best 4x10 Ampeg ever made,IMHO. I have owned 3 of theses great cabs in the past. tempted should my Berg Sell.Have a Sunday Bump. :)
[/quote]

Thanks man! I know, they sound awesome! Honestly best cab I've owned is £350 too steep?

• 2 weeks later...

WHOW what a price for one of these. I tried one in a studio with my own amps and it was rich, full and clear. Was really stunned by the sound but i've more Berg cabs than i know what to do with so couldn't justify this i'm afraid.

Good luck and hope it shifts soon especially at this price and condition.

All the best
Dave

[i]Hi .You say a 4ohm cab but the first pic's show it as an 8 ohm cab could you please confirm which it is please, As all of mine were 8 ohm ,Rich Sorry just had a check I think the bse4x10 hlf Were only made in the 4 ohm version. it's age thing. :o [/i]

Edited by richardd

[quote name='richardd' timestamp='1408700759' post='2532622']
[i]Hi .You say a 4ohm cab but the first pic's show it as an 8 ohm cab could you please confirm which it is please, As all of mine were 8 ohm ,Rich Sorry just had a check I think the bse4x10 hlf Were only made in the 4 ohm version. it's age thing. :o [/i]
[/quote]

It's a 400watt 4 ohm cab, if you look on the grid from Ampegs website it tells you