Why become a member? ×

NBD Peaveys and Tune

kodiakblair

[attachment=170616:IMAG0226.jpg]Today was a NBD well really it's been NB Week.

After a couple of lucrative shop fits and with a fortnight off I'd nothing really planned till last week when I saw a Tune TWB-4Z on ebay. Now I first saw the Tunes in Guitarist
mag in the 80's and was dead keen on a fretless with piezos,course I've never even saw one in the flesh so for near 30 years it's been on back burner. Going for a crazy low
price here was my opportunity, only I messed up the timings and never got the bid in. It never sold so I emailed the seller to see if they would re-list with a BIN,they replied saying after playing it again they were having second thoughts. Damn !

So I'm at a loose end and feel like I've money to burn,dangerous time,when a Peavey Cirrus BXP catches my eye,collection only from Leeds so I ask the seller about a courier
it's his boy's bass and he's at Knebworth for the weekend but he'll ask him when he gets back. Checking on here I see one had been for sale couple of months back so wend a message about that too. The Tune goes back on sale,the lad says aye to a courier and there's a Millennium AC BXP on Cash Generators and I spend like a sailor.

Tune arrived Tuesday and scared the s###e out of me,having never used piezos before or a Tune the way every little thing was picked up had me looking at every aspect of my playing,playing softly sounded so sweet but I'm still concerned I'm not up to the quality of the Bass.Both Peaveys came today,which is handy cause I'm off to Ayr for a week on Saturday,1st of 3 shop fits on the bounce. Here I was back on safe ground and I love my Peaveys whether it's my dirt cheap Milestone III, MIA Foundation,the Grind or International
I love them all.

Here's the pic

Edited by kodiakblair