Why become a member? ×

New pickup for my Fender Highway One

MarkG3

[URL=http://s1172.photobucket.com/user/S9_S12_Bass/media/152D1841-07FC-44DB-9C95-0709AD16B78C_zpsxmj2o6tg.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r569/S9_S12_Bass/152D1841-07FC-44DB-9C95-0709AD16B78C_zpsxmj2o6tg.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Picked up some nice Fender RW pickups and fitted them into my Highway One. The RW pickups are a little bigger than the stock ones I had so I had to make a little more room under the scratchplate but nothing drastic.

Haven't had a proper chance to check out how they sound but from a quick test they sound good :)

Thanks :) Yea definitely more thump to them and that was even evident plugged into my Fender Mini Tone Master which really is a mini guitar amp. For various reasons I can't properly play at the moment so when I'm all good to play again I'll describe a bit more about how they sound!

Edited by Mark_88MPH

[quote name='Mark_88MPH' timestamp='1405020745' post='2498058']
For various reasons I can't properly play at the moment so when I'm all good to play again I'll describe a bit more about how they sound!
[/quote]

That sounds serious! I hope whatever it is doesn't keep you out of action too long!

Look forward to hearing the full review.

Thanks for the concern, luckily it isn't anything really serious, I've had another tattoo done on my right forearm so I can't play with out it rubbing on the body and probably a little more serious I burnt my thumb and index finger on the soldering iron which hurts if I put any pressure on them....woops.

Thanks :) the scratchplate is the same, but the tone control is technically still connected it's just under the scratchplate, I wasn't sure what I would need to unsolder so I thought it would be best just to leave it underneath, yea the tone is up to max!

Edited by Mark_88MPH

So managed to test these bad boys out today. Sounds really good! The strings I've got on there are Ernie Balls and they are about three years old and with the stock pickups you could tell they were old strings as to me they just were a bit lifeless and had just a generic kinda sound. I've still got the same strings on them and would say the treble is smoother than the stock ones and packs a nice punch. Plus it looks good too! Really happy with them :) it's a shame they weren't a straight swap but I didn't mind making room!