Why become a member? ×

Just got a new Sansamp Para Driver DI

xilddx

I got the SAPDDI based on what folks have been saying on here about them. I got it today and it's brilliant! I am really sorry to say it sounds much better than my Hartke VXL which is now, sadly, a backup. The SAPDDI sounds warmer and richer.

I got it from [url="http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/proaudioland"]http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/proaudioland[/url] for £115 including postage to the UK. Made them an offer $10 below the buy it now price. Dispatched really quickly too.

Just though I'd let you know.

[quote name='silddx' post='244890' date='Jul 21 2008, 10:35 PM']I got the SAPDDI based on what folks have been saying on here about them. I got it today and it's brilliant! I am really sorry to say it sounds much better than my Hartke VXL which is now, sadly, a backup. The SAPDDI sounds warmer and richer.

I got it from [url="http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/proaudioland"]http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/proaudioland[/url] for £115 including postage to the UK. Made them an offer $10 below the buy it now price. Dispatched really quickly too.

Just though I'd let you know.[/quote]
+1

I think this is the lot I just got a Sansamp Programmable BDDI from for about £125-130 inc postage.

[quote name='Clarky' post='244895' date='Jul 21 2008, 10:38 PM']+1

I think this is the lot I just got a Sansamp Programmable BDDI from for about £125-130 inc postage.[/quote]

Wot a bargain, eh?!

I only chose the Para because of the mid suck on the other SAs people were talking about, you noticed any?

[quote name='silddx' post='244899' date='Jul 21 2008, 10:41 PM']Wot a bargain, eh?!

I only chose the Para because of the mid suck on the other SAs people were talking about, you noticed any?[/quote]
Yes but then I don't mind that - I knew about it from a Sansamp BDDI I owned before so its not a surprise - I just wanted three different programmable sounds (I have SVT alike, a.n.other warm but more fat tubey sound and a gritty distortion sound).

I also own a Tech 21 Landmark 300 head that does the lot too - great manufacturer

[quote name='Wooks' post='245314' date='Jul 22 2008, 01:02 PM']Can somebody explain what the difference is between the Para driver and Bass driver DI is??[/quote]
Yes. The Paradriver has a sweepable mid control rather than a presence knob. I've owned both and much prefer the Paradriver. (From the same bloke Silddx & Clarkey used, I think).

[quote name='Oscar South' post='244931' date='Jul 21 2008, 11:27 PM']I heard that the para driver overdrive was very different to the bass driver, has anyone played both and is able to comment of the difference?[/quote]
Yes, very little. The sweepable mid can add definition to the OD, but there is less top end sparkle (and hiss) the presence control adds. It sounds brutal with drive on full being fed by the Hyperdrive on full. /gibbers/

For my money, I'd get the Paradriver again. Though if it came down an insurance job, I'd probably take the money to replace it at UK prices & get the EBS Microbass II.

Edited by johnnylager

[quote name='johnnylager' post='245324' date='Jul 22 2008, 01:13 PM']Yes. The Paradriver has a sweepable mid control rather than a presence knob. I've owned both and much prefer the Paradriver. (From the same bloke Silddx & Clarkey used, I think).[/quote]
So in terms of sound output are the very similar or is there a big difference??