Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn
£525

Fionn

Markbass CMD121P

High-end, ultra light, compact, and powerful combo, by Markbass.

What Markbass say ... "Our flagship combo has changed the bass amp market forever. Never have bassists been able to get such great tone and volume from such a light and portable amp. Easily upgrades to a 500W rig with the addition of a New York 121 cabinet."

What Randy Hope-Taylor says ... "My favorite Markbass product is the Mini CMD121P. Again, it's light yet powerful and looks great on the little stand the guys at Markbass designed. They say that good things come in small packages. Well done Markbass! Bass players don't have to work out at the gym anymore."

What Musicians Friend say ... "Big-time, fat output from a bass combo weighing less than 30 lb! The Markbass Mini CMD 121P is a bass combo amplifier that gives you fat sound with electric or acoustic basses. That makes the Mini CMD 121P amp perfect for rehearsal studios or small club applications. The Markbass Mini CMD 121P comes with a built-in Little Mark II bass head in the top rear area. Bassists will appreciate the Markbass-designed Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator and Variable Pre-shape Filter which help give this Mini CMD a warm natural sound. The Little Mark II also has a Neutrik Speakon combo jack output that accepts both Speakon or 1/4" speaker cable as well as a second 1/4" speaker out jack so you can hook up to another 8 ohm cab for a 500W rig. You'll also find a balanced XLR out, unbalanced tuner out so you can tune as you play without passing your signal through pedals. A Send and Return Effect loop protects you from losing your signal if one of your pedals dies or a cable in the chain gives out."

My combo in particular ... It's a punchy wee powerhouse of a thing. Totally remarkable for it's big presence and clarity at any volume. I'm in a fairly loud band, and I've used this combo more than adequately for band practice, as a stand-alone (without PA) for small gigs, and as an stage monitor for medium-sized rooms (with PA). The addition of the NY121P extension cab would send it through the floor. It's a great piece of kit, especially if you like things portable and tidy. Made in Italy , in 2010 (before they moved production to the Far-East). It's in excellent condition and perfect working order. There's a bit of wear on the rubber handle, that's all. I'm only selling this because I want to go bigger (4x12, ultimately).

£525 (+ delivery)

My feedback ... http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry2463504

Tech Spec's ...
SPEAKER - 1x12"
TWEETER - piezo
BASS REFLEX - rear ported
IMPEDANCE - 8 ohms
SPEAKER POWER HANDLING - 400W RMS (AES Standard)
AMP OUTPUT POWER - 500W @ 4 ohm / 300W @ 8 ohm
PREAMP: solid state
FREQUENCY RESPONSE - 45 Hz to 18 kHz
CROSSOVER FREQUENCY - 3.5 kHz
SENSITIVITY - 99 dB SPL
WEIGHT - 29.3 lbs / 13.3 kg
HEIGHT - 17 in. / 43.2 cm
WIDTH - 15.3 in. / 38.3 cm
DEPTH - 14.1 in. / 35.8cm

Video Demo ...
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM2BgBe4O_M[

[attachment=165313:IMG_0094.JPG]

Edited by Fionn

tempting if my EAD sells before this does! I'm gonna try and nip to a local shop that's got one in to try, I loved my LMIII head and this is the same amp but in a wee box with a 1x12 and a horn yes?

[quote name='Fionn' timestamp='1403171792' post='2480393']
Actually, I was comparing photos of the LMII and the LMIII there ... The Combo Head II looks to be the same as the LMIII.
[/quote]

they're similar looking in that they have the same knobs in the main but the LMIII has a control knob for the DI out as well which is the main reason I upgraded from LMII to LMIII, allegedly they improved some bits on the inside too but I really couldn't tell the sonic difference in a band context ;)

Edited by andydye

[quote name='Fionn' timestamp='1403172159' post='2480404']
Ahhhhhh ... I see. The only control for the DI out on this is the pre/post eq switch.
[/quote]

the LMII is still a superb sounding head, loads of punch, love it :)

[quote name='Fionn' timestamp='1403171519' post='2480390']
It's an LMII head (combo head II), a 12"speaker, and a piezo tweeter.
[/quote]

isn't the combo head II actually an LMIII? It's got the DI level control, which is what the LMIII has over the LMII...

edit: ah, it was already answered :)

Edited by mcnach

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...