Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Squier VM Jazz Bass V + Audere JZ3
£295

discreet

[b]*SOLD* Squier VM Jazz Bass V + Audere JZ3[/b]

One in, one out is the rule now - I have a Limelight Jazz ready to go and don't want to end up with 60 basses like some I could mention... anyway, it is with great reluctance that I offer up this absolutely pristine and as-new Squier by Fender Vintage Modified Jazz Bass V, my first (but hopefully not my last) 5-string bass. More info [url="http://www.fender.com/squier/series/vintage-modified/vintage-modified-jazz-bass-v-maple-fingerboard-olympic-white/"]here[/url].

This one is in Olympic white with 3-ply black/white/black pickguard and maple neck with black blocks and binding. There [i]are[/i] tiny blemishes - there is a fault in the paint on the lower body below the bell plate, but it's too small to photograph. There are also two minute scratch lines at the end of the fretboard, but you could go for years without seeing them they are so small. And there are one or two minuscule black dots in the finish, about as big as the full point at the end of this sentence. I'm sure the bass came out of the factory with these little flaws.

It is a lovely thing and exudes quality. The neck plays beautifully and it sounds really great as stock, but this example is a bit special because it has an Audere Audio Pro JZ3 Preamp fitted. More information about Audere products is [url="https://www.audereaudio.com/Pro_JZ3.htm"]here[/url]. Very easy to use and has three core tones available at the flick of the 'Z' switch. Endless variations are possible in conjunction with the 'Z' switch, the blend control and 3-band EQ.

The bass is fitted with Status Hot Wire Half-Wound strings and I will also include a Fender gig bag. These basses cost around £300 new and at that price represent excellent value for money, in my opinion.

[b]NOW SOLD[/b]

[size=4][/size]

[size=4]OK, someone asked about the B-String... no, it's not overly close to the edge of the fingerboard, it's just the angles that I took the pics from make it seem so - have a look at this pic taken from the bass side:[/size]

[size=4][/size]

[size=4]It's all good, folks! [/size]Get in quick if you're interested! Strictly first come, first served! Cash is king!
[size=4]I thank you! [/size] :)

Edited by discreet

FFS Mark this one didn't stay with you long I think you should break the 1 in 1 out rule on this one as you will only regret it IMO this is so much sexier than the Limelight ( mind you I don't like any relic basses ) but anyway GLWTS not that you will need it :)

Edited by Thunderbird

[quote name='humapuma' timestamp='1401980873' post='2468879']
What's the B string itself like? Is it well balanced against the rest of the bass, is the tonal quality and strength of the notes as good?
[/quote]

Yes, particularly with the Status Half-Wounds. The B isn't floppy at all and the notes are well defined right down to the Low B.

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1401983914' post='2468921']
FFS Mark this one didn't stay with you long I think you should break the 1 in 1 out rule on this one as you will only regret it IMO this is so much sexier than the Limelight ( mind you I don't like any relic basses ) but anyway GLWTS not that you will need it :)
[/quote]
[quote name='humapuma' timestamp='1401985254' post='2468942']
Actually, the man (quickly checking Gender) has a point. It's a good place to start fiving, and it's not long since you were NBD'ing on this bass.
[/quote]

You are both right of course, but I have come to the conclusion I am a 4-string man. In my humble opinion the advantages of having those few extra notes are just not worth the extra hassle, weight and expense. And I've also discovered that though I very much like the sound of the Audere Pre in particular, generally I prefer the sound of a passive bass. Keep it simple, that's my motto! :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1401996554' post='2469140']
Yes, particularly with the Status Half-Wounds. The B isn't floppy at all and the notes are well defined right down to the Low B.

You are both right of course, but I have come to the conclusion I am a 4-string man. In my humble opinion the advantages of having those few extra notes are just not worth the extra hassle, weight and expense. And I've also discovered that though I very much like the sound of the Audere Pre in particular, generally I prefer the sound of a passive bass. Keep it simple, that's my motto! :)
[/quote] Good on ya mate fair enough thats what it is all about IMO having the gear you want and enjoying it :) the Squier is a sexy looking bass and a bargain to boot really cannot see this hanging about too long :)

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1401996859' post='2469144']
Good on ya mate fair enough thats what it is all about IMO having the gear you want and enjoying it :) the Squier is a sexy looking bass and a bargain to boot really cannot see this hanging about too long :)
[/quote]

Thanks Paul. :i-m_so_happy:

Well if you're sure 5's not for you.....

I am sorely tempted.

I prefer the natural finish one really but this is so deal-icious I might have to bite. The problem is it's so 70's I may have to buy a flamboyant hat to go with it. And a boa (a feather one, not a snake).

I'll 'ave a good think.