Why become a member? ×

Jay Dee Mark King with Jay Dee flight case
£1600

Roxy

I bought this beauty new in the late 1980s. It hasn't been gigged in more than 15 years, and has sat safe and sound mostly unplayed at home in the Jay Dee flight hard case I bought with it. Only selling as I just don't play it and it seems pointless to leave in its case. The photos were taken in a local guitar shop where it has just been set up, dressed and had new strings. They said intonation was perfect before they touched it and the neck is perfectly straight. The front is perfect ( the photo has picked up reflections), and the back is fine ( again reflections on photo). There are a few nicks on the bottom edge as per the photos. The case is vgc for age- inside perfect, handle strong and outside a few very minor scuffs and some of the rubber needs tidying up a little. I would prefer to sell to someone who will collect, or meet a reasonable distance from me rather that shipping or courier. Testing the water at £1600 but open to offers.

[quote name='Roxy' timestamp='1401735136' post='2466369']
I bought this beauty new in the late 1980s. It hasn't been gigged in more than 15 years, and has sat safe and sound mostly unplayed at home in the Jay Dee flight hard case I bought with it. Only selling as I just don't play it and it seems pointless to leave in its case. The photos were taken in a local guitar shop where it has just been set up, dressed and had new strings. They said intonation was perfect before they touched it and the neck is perfectly straight. The front is perfect ( the photo has picked up reflections), and the back is fine ( again reflections on photo). There are a few nicks on the bottom edge as per the photos. The case is vgc for age- inside perfect, handle strong and outside a few very minor scuffs and some of the rubber needs tidying up a little. I would prefer to sell to someone who will collect, or meet a reasonable distance from me rather that shipping or courier. Testing the water at £1600 but open to offers.
[/quote]. Bumping. Being out of touch , I realise I may have over valued it. I've a bit more information - the Sn indicates it was probably made 1986, and there are no cracks around the input socket . So drop to £1350.