Why become a member? ×

Umm, Hi, i guess

Jarhead

Hello all, Im Zach

Im 14, been playing about 1 year and 2 months, working on grade 3 in a few months time
My distinct lack of gear is for all to see n my signature :blush:
I used to have a 5 string bass, but i traded it for the jazz, which i found more comfortable, which explains my name lol
My band, K.O.D, is based in Barrow, Derby and you can find us on Myspace at www.myspace.com/kodsebolliejoe, we play a mixture of Indie/Pop/Rock. I joined about 6 months ago, just for 1 gig, and they decided to keep me around lol, and now we are starting to play gigs more regularly, mainly parties, etc, but if you want, you can catch us at the vic inn in derby sometime in the not particularly near future.

Many thanks for reading this, and i do have a personality lol, im just really tired right now lol

Zach

[quote name='Hamster' post='243139' date='Jul 18 2008, 11:43 PM']Hi Zach, and welcome :)

Don't do your gear down - that's a pretty reasonable setup!

Enjoy the forums.

Hamster[/quote]
Thanks Hamster, its alright, when it comes down to it, its reliable most of all, although i might need a new amp soon, mines about to give up the ghost. Thanks for the welcome, its good to be able to speak to some people on here, i've been hanging around here a while, and from what i've seen and heard, you guys are pretty awsum and very friendly, so it feels good to be included among you lol.

Zach

Edited by 5_string_death

Welcome, and don't let the gear worry you. Everyone has to start somewhere, and when I think back to what I started out with that's a nice set-up you've got there.

You don't need zillion £ gear to get get going, or even to continue further up the chain.

You'll probably end up with the worst GAS on here - I know I have since I joined - but before that I had been quite happy with my set up for nearly twice as long as you've been on this earth. So if you find something you are happy with don't be in too big a hurry to trade on to the next big thing. A few years back I spent a day going round music shops looking at basses, and in the whole day the best sounding / most playable was a Squier Jazz

[quote name='WalMan' post='243177' date='Jul 19 2008, 02:01 AM']Welcome, and don't let the gear worry you. Everyone has to start somewhere, and when I think back to what I started out with that's a nice set-up you've got there.

You don't need zillion £ gear to get get going, or even to continue further up the chain.

You'll probably end up with the worst GAS on here - I know I have since I joined - but before that I had been quite happy with my set up for nearly twice as long as you've been on this earth. So if you find something you are happy with don't be in too big a hurry to trade on to the next big thing. A few years back I spent a day going round music shops looking at basses, and in the whole day the best sounding / most playable was a Squier Jazz[/quote]

I already have the dreaded GAS, i want more then i can afford, and i dont even have a job lol
i really need to get a job or something lol
And even though i dont have zillion £ gear, i bloody wish i did lol

Zach

[quote name='5_string_death' post='245668' date='Jul 22 2008, 08:36 PM']Lol, sorry to dissapoint mate, it is just a load of stickers i got from Metal Hammer
Zach[/quote]
Good effort!
Welcome.
Don't worry about the gear, when I first started out I had a bass I bought a mail order one from Axe, for £99 + a 4 watt (I think) amp... lol!

[quote name='BassMunkee' post='245704' date='Jul 22 2008, 09:53 PM']Good effort!
Welcome.
Don't worry about the gear, when I first started out I had a bass I bought a mail order one from Axe, for £99 + a 4 watt (I think) amp... lol![/quote]

Lol, i still have my first bass, an Encore Precision copy with a 10 watt amp from Argos lol
It isn't actually that bad, but it just isn't that good lol
Zach