Why become a member? ×

GK Speakon question

Damonjames

Hey guys, wondered if someone might be able to advise me on this. my current rig is a 1001rbii into a neo 212 and 115 which sounds huge.
After my amp played up at my last gig, I am purchasing MB200 as a backup, but want to run both cabs, but it only has a single output.
Here's the question, if I get a 2 pole speakon splitter that has a male
In and two females on the other end, can I just plug the two gk 4 wire speakons into this and switch the passive crossover on the cabs to full range mode? Or do I need something more elaborate?

Cheers!

Edited by Damonjames

I have a MB200 and run two cabs. I initially made a Y shaped cable but this was an inelegant solution.
Next I made a splitter box. Bingo. Perfect. The amp sees a 4ohm load and gives it some welly accordingly.

(Making a splitter was half the price of buying one new).

I run the same cabs you do playing through an MB800, great sound as you say. Both my cabs have jack sockets as well as speakons, you could feed the 212 from the speakon then use a jack to jack lead from the 212 to the 115, just make sure the switch is set to full range on both.