Why become a member? ×

SOLD subject to usual PEAVEY CIRRUS 5 STRING
£300

WAYNESWORLD

For sale my Peavey Cirrus 5 string bass. This is a second bass so very little use. Excl Condition .No scratches or dings ,great sound with low action.
Can be tried if anyone wants to travel to Stoke on Trent.
This is a little gem for £300 inc del (UK only)
Cheers waynesworld

pics
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/fatwire/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/fatwire/[/url]

Edited by WAYNESWORLD

Thanks alyctes its a BXP . I had a problem with a previous cirrus and Peavey uk chose this from there stocks saying it was the best one they had finish wise for a while. strangely now supplied with single 9volt rather than previous 18volt. Owning several of these over a number of years this is the quietest bass I have ever had electrics wise. It still carries the remainder of its 5 yrs warranty which is just over 3ys I think, but I don't know if this is transferable.
Cheers for the interest

I had a 4 string Cirrus BXP which I gigged for a couple of years, it was a great bass but it had a really high output level which would sometimes over drive the amp if you got carried away when you were playing and it also got through batteries really quickly, is the 9 volt version you have the same ?

[quote name='BanditSid' timestamp='1401139986' post='2460570']
I had a 4 string Cirrus BXP which I gigged for a couple of years, it was a great bass but it had a really high output level which would sometimes over drive the amp if you got carried away when you were playing and it also got through batteries really quickly, is the 9 volt version you have the same ?
[/quote]

The early 18-volt Cirrus BXPs ate batteries, for sure; some sort of wiring fault. The later ones were fine. I don't know about the 9-volt.
They are fine basses :)

Hi Banditsid
I had the early 18volt version too which had the same problem, this one has had the battery changed once since Ive had it ,and that was because I wanted to make sure it had a good battery in from new which is about 18months ago. I would keep it but she who is to be obeyed is getting sick of guitars taking up space in the bedroom !!

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1401142095' post='2460600']
The early 18-volt Cirrus BXPs ate batteries, for sure; some sort of wiring fault. The later ones were fine. I don't know about the 9-volt.
They are fine basses :)
[/quote]

It happened in all the Peavey basses with that pre- and pups, they changed mine for nowt.