Why become a member? ×

Lakland 55-02 Deluxe *SOLD*
£700

Bigwan

The clear out continues! Here we have my Indonesian- made 55-02 Deluxe. Unfortunately this rather lovely bass doesn't get the attention it deserves - I'm not playing much these days (busy job and 2 kids under 2 1/2), and when I do I reach for my u-bass.

Sunburst, quilted maple top, rosewood board, Lakland pickups and LH3 preamp. It's in really good condition. The only flaws worth mentioning, apart from minor swirling and a few uncapturable little scratches, are a little dent on the edge of the fretboard (see pictures), and 2 manufacturing faults - the fret slot next to the dent has had some filling from what looks like an errant saw cut while slotting the board, and while buffing, the finish around the neck bolts has worn through. As I say, tiny faults but I like to be as accurate as possible in my ads.

I don't currently have a hard case for the bass but will source one for shipping purposes at the asking price of £700 uk shipping included. If you're happy to have the bass shipped sans case with the neck off then we can knock some off that. I would add that I'm prepared to take a ferry journey to hand deliver the bass to Stranraer, Carnryan or Troon for the asking price for any Scottish Basschatters that may be interested.

Only items I'm looking for in trade are octave pedals, a POD x3 or an iPad Air/mini with retina display and cash my way.

Pics -

http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Bigwan2062/library/55-02%20Deluxe

Have a nice day!

Edited by Bigwan

[quote name='bassman344' timestamp='1400834055' post='2457312']
Nice bass, I've always admired these but never played one.
My young cub is looking for a fiver and something like this would be a possibility.
Needs to sell his current four string first though.

GLWTS
[/quote]

Feel free to drop round for a noodle on it some time. I'll get the hobnobs in!