Why become a member? ×

Professional Refinish on a Keeper Bass

funkle

[quote name='Andyjr1515' timestamp='1400707951' post='2456375']
Hi, funkle

Basschat member Chris Sharman has just alerted me that you have been trying to contact me. For some crazy reason (probably me!) neither my ipad or iphone are picking up my ajrguitarmods mails. I HATE it when people don't answer emails so please accept my profuse apologies.

I have PM'd you and attached my personal email and phone number if you want to contact me, even just to talk though what you are trying to do.

I hear only good things about Martin Sims and Rich Lewis (ou7shined) and I am flattered to be on the same list as those guys. In reality, I think they are both probably better equipped than me to give you what you are looking for and would heartily endorse either. Having therefore stepped back from the contenders, if you want an unbiased chat through what it is involved in what you are trying to achieve, feel free to give me a call on the PM'd phone number.

Andy
[/quote]

Great customer. Relations Andy ;) great to see ;)

That looks really good. We knew you were in safe hands!

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1406045248' post='2507828']
Wow. That looks great.

Can anyone explain to me how a transparent quilt top refinish like this works? It must be a lot more complicated than a solid colour refin.
[/quote]

Yes and no. You take it down to the bare wood, stain the wood and then build up layers of clear varnish. A solid, done well, is also down to the wood, fill, prime, colour paint then varnish. Each has its challenges. This one looks a really professional finish :)

Andy