Why become a member? ×

My stuff

simon1964

[quote name='simon1964' post='25174' date='Jun 29 2007, 11:15 PM']I've only just got round to registering for the new site, so thought I would post my stuff. Nothing spectacular,[/quote]

What's not spectacular about that lot? Very useful team I think.

My fave has got to be the fretless Precision. Is that an ebony fingerboard on there?? Should you ever think of moving it on I'd be in the group marked 'sorely tempted' !!!

Cheers guys.

The fretless Precision actually started life as a (fretted) standard Mex P, but now only the body is original! I replaced the original fretted neck with a Mighty Mite fretless neck with an ebonol finger board. Ebonol is apparently an artificial material meant to replicate ebony - it certainly looks good and has worn really well. Its also had a Basslines Quarterpounder fitted, and a Gotoh bridge.

My own favourite is the Jazz - a stock US Jazz, but the nicest neck I've played.

Edited by simon1964

[quote name='MattyB90' post='25683' date='Jul 1 2007, 06:14 PM']Hows the Warwick?[/quote]

Actually, the Warwick's really grown on me. I got it 6 months or so ago - very versatile, and really different sound and feel to the Fenders. The neck is typical Warwick - chunky, but actually very comfortable. The sound is huge. In fact, I've started to use it on gigs in place of the Jazz.

Edited by simon1964

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='25858' date='Jul 2 2007, 07:18 AM']Nice collection of basses Simon!

I particularly like the Jazz as I'm a fan of black basses in general and on a Jazz, it looks great IMHO.

What's the OLP 5 like? Never played one but they seem to crop up more and more...

Nik[/quote]

I got the OLP on ebay for £110. Its a very nice bass for the money. I don't play 5 sting a lot as I tend to find the string spacing too narrow on most 5 strings, but this one does feel comfortable. Its passive, and hasn't got the clout of a real Musicman, but its a decent bass. If I was buying one new, I would probably pay the bit extra for the Tony Levin signature and get active elctronics.

[quote name='simon1964' post='26213' date='Jul 2 2007, 08:39 PM']I got the OLP on ebay for £110. Its a very nice bass for the money. I don't play 5 sting a lot as I tend to find the string spacing too narrow on most 5 strings, but this one does feel comfortable. Its passive, and hasn't got the clout of a real Musicman, but its a decent bass. If I was buying one new, I would probably pay the bit extra for the Tony Levin signature and get active elctronics.[/quote]

That's a bargain!